Laundry

nonrev1

We are now onboard the Pursuit and we were hoping the benefits party line would be different once we were here.  We met with the loyalty person and it was like talking to a wall.  Over and over we were told that our benefits were enhanced by being in a suite and we kept asking how?  Our benefits regarding laundry and Wi-Fi were exactly the same as if we had booked a standard cabin.  The Suite benefits did not “enhance” what we have earned with loyalty.  We asked how the parent company offered better benefits on a less expensive/inclusive brand and the answer was that Azamara is a separate company and has no relationship whatsoever to RCCL or Celebrity.  Really??? We asked if it was the right thing that someone that had no loyalty whatsoever and booked their first cruise ever on Azamara in a Suite received exactly the same benefits as someone who is Discoverer Plus and earned their loyalty on Azamara and booked a suite?  He  then asked if we had ever sailed with Azamara before? This question was asked immediately following me mentioning that we were on Azamara for over 30 days from Singapore to Australia.   As you can probably tell, this conversation did not go well. I should also mention that we are sailing with a friend that has never sailed on Azamara before.  She is sailing because of us.  She paid a lot less for a balcony cabin (V3) and as a promo received  an indulgence package and got unlimited Wi-Fi for 2, 3 specialty dining evenings pp, 2 bags of laundry, upgraded beverage package, 700.00 shore excursion credit and a 250.00 spa credit.  Her travel companion is Discoverer and also got her benefits on top of the indulgence package.  That makes no sense at all as to how she got unlimited internet and her internet benefit and already has 2 bags of laundry from the promo and received a 3rd bag.  So, you are better off having no loyalty and either booking when there is a promo or buying an indulgence package.  We were told that there have been meetings and the loyalty program is getting revamped.  ( again???). That concerns me because every time there has been a loyalty program change, we have lost something.  It was such an exasperating conversation with the loyalty person that as we walked away we decided that we are not booking the cruise on Azamara to South Africa in January. 

Oh Lauri, this is appalling!  I think you need to address this with the HD very quickly. An LCF person who has so little understanding of what they’re doing needs to be highlighted. 

Bonnie?  Have you read this?  

I can understand the frustration.  I believe there were posts last month about issues with LCV on the same ship.  I think Bonnie picked up on them then, hopefully she can reopen that channel as some basic communication skills training (listen as we’ll as speak) in addition to product knowledge might be needed. 

The sad fact is that the Le Club Voyage loyalty person onboard is not interested in the benefits of guests, save for mentioning the "free" nights at every LCV presentation which aren't so free. They have no line into Miami for member perks because truth be told, Miami are only interested in how many onboard sales have been made.

So your brick wall doesn't surprise me. Also I don't blame the onboard LCV Manager or their assistant. It's the culture further up the line that is the issue that doesn't empower them. 

Phil 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, nonrev1 said:

We asked how the parent company offered better benefits on a less expensive/inclusive brand and the answer was that Azamara is a separate company and has no relationship whatsoever to RCCL or Celebrity.  Really??? 

This line is particularly infuriating and just shows the disconnect. Of course we all know that Azamara is ultimately owned by Royal Caribbean through Celebrity Cruises and it's been very obvious that the purse strings are being held by them of late, with similar strategies introduced (the bid for upgrade being a guys example). 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After my recent cruise, I was sent a letter from a LCV asking about my experience. I addressed the laundry issue and some shore excursion issues. I got a response that ignored the laundry and said that they were very concerned about the problems with the shore excursions.  It said that they took my comments seriously and would review the situation. That was more than a month ago.  No response.  

It seems that I am not alone in saying that LCV as discoverer plus has minimal value compared to Celebrity.  Azamara used to match Celebrity Captains club with same or better laundry and WiFi benefits.  It seems odd that they would cut back the LCV benefits. It doesn’t promote loyalty. Sure, I can pay for more laundry and I did. Doing laundry either on the cruise or after it isn’t a big deal.  However, my favorite cruise line has complimentary same day laundry. In by 9 am, returned by 4 pm....ironed and on hangers, no limit.  Laundry is done everyday from the first day to the last.  At the end of the cruise, I pack clean clothes that I put away when I get home. Nothing can compare with not having to do laundry when you get home. 

2 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Nothing can compare with not having to do laundry when you get home. 

I think I'm odd. Whilst it's nice to get laundry done through the cruise to wear stuff again and cut down on the packing, it never smells the same as it does at home with fresh detergent. The whole lot gets washed when I'm back regardless. 

Phil 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I think I'm odd. Whilst it's nice to get laundry done through the cruise to wear stuff again and cut down on the packing, it never smells the same as it does at home with fresh detergent. The whole lot gets washed when I'm back regardless. 

Phil 

29 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

I agree and the whites are never white enough, we only get the minimum done on-board.

Edited by Bloodaxe

44 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

I agree and the whites are never white enough, we only get the minimum done on-board.

Azamara laundry is very good.  Maybe I am not as critical as you. I never have a problem with faded color or strange odors.  I appreciate being able to pack light. I travel often on longer trips.  Having good laundry service makes the journey easier.  I have been on trips that did not have any laundry.  Stopping to do laundry was necessary.  Not exactly my idea of a vacation. 

58 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Azamara laundry is very good.  Maybe I am not as critical as you. I never have a problem with faded color or strange odors.  I appreciate being able to pack light. I travel often on longer trips.  Having good laundry service makes the journey easier.  I have been on trips that did not have any laundry.  Stopping to do laundry was necessary.  Not exactly my idea of a vacation. 

I can only speak has we find, did not expect everyone to agree..

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

I can only speak has we find, did not expect everyone to agree..

I agree and have had a LOT of laundry done on Azamara.  I never put anything too special in there (and by that I mean it could be a pool or tee shirt I particularly like). The whites especially. They go off colour. You can tell when you bring them home and hang them next to another white shirt.  Funnily enough I've had more luck with linen. My White Night shirts haven't suffered the same. 

Phil 

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I agree and have had a LOT of laundry done on Azamara.  I never put anything too special in there (and by that I mean it could be a pool or tee shirt I particularly like). The whites especially. They go off colour. You can tell when you bring them home and hang them next to another white shirt.  Funnily enough I've had more luck with linen. My White Night shirts haven't suffered the same. 

Phil 

Exactly my point Phil, while underwear and shirts are never has while again when compared to those only washed at home.

25 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Exactly my point Phil, while underwear and shirts are never has while again when compared to those only washed at home

Should read white, my eyes don't work well this early in the morning.

Agree, anything bright coloured never goes to the wash.  It’s a commercial operation so it’s never going to be like home.  And I miss that “conditioner” smell. However I always send bags out of items that won’t be affected and remain unhappy that on my upcoming two cruises I’m losing perks because I’m in a suite and as always although two people have earned loyalty and created laundry the paltry benefit has to be shared. 

40 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Should read white, my eyes don't work well this early in the morning.

7 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Yes and mine should read polo shirt.  Way too early that was!  Haha

Phil

You two should both get more sleep! 

I’m only up this early because, as some might know, I’m going on a cruise today. 😄

I like the way the laundry does my white linen trousers, they are always ironed perfectly and that’s difficult with linen. Never noticed them “greying” in colour either, but I wouldn’t send a delicate top to the laundry. They need to be hand washed. 

For me it is about packing light and not having to check bags and have to worry about them arriving in time for the cruise.  They don’t get the clothes fresh smelling like home....but, at least they are clean.  On the hot days in Greece and Israel we are going through a lot of clothes and I don’t want to spend my days doing laundry.  Just want the benefits I earned which is more than 1 teeny tiny bag per cruise in a suite.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

If you are going to Southampton you know you are getting on the wrong ship?😁

Phil 

You going on Journey Lottie?  Enjoy and leave it in good shape for us in Lisbon 

Edited by uktog

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

If you are going to Southampton you know you are getting on the wrong ship?😁

Phil 

1 hour ago, uktog said:

You going on Journey Lottie?  Enjoy and leave it in good shape for us in Lisbon 

On the train to Southampton. Journey is there today as well but I’m getting on the other cruise ship in Southampton today! I will wave to Journey as we sail first! 

20 hours ago, Lottie A said:

On the train to Southampton. Journey is there today as well but I’m getting on the other cruise ship in Southampton today! I will wave to Journey as we sail first! 

Enjoy the other ship, Lottie, I hope you have a great time. 

Lottie, I hope you can post a comparison of your experiences of this cruise with that on Azamara.  Certainly the prices of the less frills line attract so it would be good to know if there is a big difference or not between them

On 8/27/2019 at 10:41 AM, Lottie A said:

Hope you brought your formal wear. Wonder what kind of tonic is sold on this ship?

• Haha 1