Laundry

nonrev1

We are on an upcoming B2B cruise.  Our first cruise is 11 days and the second is 10 days.  We are booked in a CC suite and we are Discoverer Plus.  How many free bags of laundry do we get?  I always get confused because with Celebrity we each get a bag and we don’t with Azamara.  But do we get more than one bag per cruise?  

Thanks!  The less we have to pack and the more free laundry we get, the better!  

2 hours ago, nonrev1 said:

We are on an upcoming B2B cruise.  Our first cruise is 11 days and the second is 10 days.  We are booked in a CC suite and we are Discoverer Plus.  How many free bags of laundry do we get?  I always get confused because with Celebrity we each get a bag and we don’t with Azamara.  But do we get more than one bag per cruise?  

Thanks!  The less we have to pack and the more free laundry we get, the better!  

Hi. 

I think we get one bag per week. I’m not totally sure but we’re identical to you and while we only usually use one bag I think it’s two bags. It might be one bag per person actually. 

Fern

So.....we are supposed to get one bag per cabin for the CC suite and 1 bag per cabin for Discoverer plus per cruise but they are not combinable and we only get one bag per cabin per cruise?  We were in a suite last year but we were on for almost 30 days so the laundry bag  issue is blurry.  😄

No. You'll get just one for the suite perk and not another for the LCV. To be honest this doesn't make sense. It's another LCV perk dilution. It's also doesn't make sense that it's per cabin rather than per person.  Solo travellers have the advantage here for once. 

I did a b2b 20 nights and 17 nights. So it was 2 and 2. They did actually give b2b guests an extra laundry coupon to make up for nearly being 3 bags on the first cruise and more than 2 on the second. 

Phil 

• Like 1

Thanks Phil.  Wow, you pay extra for a suite and get suite benefits but you lose the benefit of loyalty.  That is pretty sad and something very inexpensive that they chose to nickel and dime.  I would pass on the liquor bottles in the cabin for the bag of laundry.  On our recent celebrity cruise we each got our own laundry bags.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nonrev1 said:

Thanks Phil.  Wow, you pay extra for a suite and get suite benefits but you lose the benefit of loyalty.  That is pretty sad and something very inexpensive that they chose to nickel and dime.  I would pass on the liquor bottles in the cabin for the bag of laundry.  On our recent celebrity cruise we each got our own laundry bags.  

I've mentioned this before and the answer came back that it's a relatively small laundry and they don't want to encourage more than they can cope with which will affect the rest of the ship. Not sure if this is true or just a line they put out there. 

Phil 

• Like 1

I agree - same as I believe in relation to LCV laundry perk two members so perk should be one bag each, after all two have earned their loyalty.

However this is an example of something Azamara does not respond to feedback on - I have given up saying it because its like a broken record that no one listens to or can explain why.  Its clearly not laundry capacity given the number of times they run the fill a bag for $40 promotion during a cruise, so Phil, I think you are getting a line and its all about the bottom line (again).

• Like 3

It really is crazy that all of this loyalty gets you one bag of laundry for a cruise. And, paying quite a bit more for a suite doesn’t get you anything additional. In fact, you lose your loyalty benefit if you’re in a suite. What is crazier is that people with no loyalty can buy the new veranda plus category and get all the benefits that have taken us all so long to earn it. And yes Corinne you are absolutely correct, it’s 21 days on the ship but the 11x 10 did not work out for us. Another sad case of selling as a luxury brand - booking a suite- but having it’s less expensive parent company offer better benefits and perks with its loyalty program.  🙄

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fatfish said:

So...Just so I've got this right...A couple who are both Discoverer level only get 1 laundry bag per room not per person...Unreal...We lost a bag that we had on Celebrity....  😭

I am afraid you have got it right UNLESS it is a longer cruise in which case you will get 2 bags

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Fatfish said:

So...Just so I've got this right...A couple who are both Discoverer level only get 1 laundry bag per room not per person...Unreal...We lost a bag that we had on Celebrity....  😭

What is even worse is that we get one bag per couple for Discoverer Plus....and nothing additional for booking a suite.  Azamara needs to step up their game if they are going to continue to raise prices.  B2B in a suite for 21 days and we get two bags of laundry to share.  Does anyone know why Celebrity gives a bag per person and Azamara did not follow suit?  

14 hours ago, nonrev1 said:

It really is crazy that all of this loyalty gets you one bag of laundry for a cruise. And, paying quite a bit more for a suite doesn’t get you anything additional. In fact, you lose your loyalty benefit if you’re in a suite. What is crazier is that people with no loyalty can buy the new veranda plus category and get all the benefits that have taken us all so long to earn it. And yes Corinne you are absolutely correct, it’s 21 days on the ship but the 11x 10 did not work out for us. Another sad case of selling as a luxury brand - booking a suite- but having it’s less expensive parent company offer better benefits and perks with its loyalty program.  🙄

I really hope someone at Azamara, high up the pecking chain reads this thread. I know it's all been said before, but I do think they need to consider this (and other loyalty benefits like internet) again. It would be interesting to hear what the Azamara Chief Blogging Officer, Bonnie can find out as she has a conduit to Miami. 

Phil 

• Like 1

Sorry nonrev1 to take this away from the laundry perk which was the reason you started the thread, but I would like to mention the other internet benefit as a demonstration of what seems to be the true meaning of loyalty as far as Azamara sees it. 

They will give free unlimited internet as one of their perks on a special offer to anyone buying that one cruise. However, spend 10s or even 100s of thousands of pounds on cruising with Azamara and if you don't catch that deal then you have to pay for unlimited internet. How crazy is that?

Phil 

• Like 2

I really wish I could understand what Azamaras strategy re loyalty was as their current scheme was so clear previously but now is a mess.  Apart from a booking discount if you book onboard or sink money in a cruise again voucher there is nothing that targets more frequent cruisers.  It seems the target now is attracting those with 0-5 cruises, beyond that incrementally it’s very poor.  I compare that with hotel and airline schemes I belong to where increased  loyalty does still count. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Sorry nonrev1 to take this away from the laundry perk which was the reason you started the thread, but I would like to mention the other internet benefit as a demonstration of what seems to be the true meaning of loyalty as far as Azamara sees it. 

They will give free unlimited internet as one of their perks on a special offer to anyone buying that one cruise. However, spend 10s or even 100s of thousands of pounds on cruising with Azamara and if you don't catch that deal then you have to pay for unlimited internet. How crazy is that?

Phil 

No worries......that goes to the fares dropping or promos offered after booking over a year in advance.  Friends ( their 3rd cruise with Azamara)  booked one of the same cruises we did, got unlimited internet and a lower fare.  We were not eligible and penalties to change would have cost us more.  What is even more upsetting is Azamara loyal cruisers always seem to get the short end of the stick.  When they split off the loyalty points from RCCL / Celebrity.....we got fewer points for a product that was a lot more expensive.  So, our loyalty level went backwards.  Then, when they created new loyalty levels we lost those precious internet minutes.  A bag of laundry may seem unimportant to Azamara but when you add up everything that has been taken away or look at what is included on their less expensive brand it just does not make sense.  I did not book a cruise to have to run back and forth to try to get a washing machine or dryer and did not expect to be in a suite for 21 days and receive only 2 bags of laundry ( in bags that have gotten smaller) to share.  As an example we compared the rates/benefits  on an Azamara circle japan cruise vs. Celebrity.  A V1 ( it used to be a lower price v2 but with the addition of the veranda plus program we need to get a V1 for a midship cabin) cabin vs. Aqua class.  Aqua class on Celebrity was half the price as Azamara.  Larger cabins, unlimited internet, beverage package, prepaid gratuities and yes, we will get 4 bags of laundry ( 2 bags each for a 14 day cruise) .  Guess what we booked?  I agree, someone in headquarters needs to take a look at this.  They are advertising as a more inclusive brand and charging much higher prices .  But,  if you compare Azamara to Celebrity there is a huge contradiction as to what they are selling vs. what you are receiving.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, uktog said:

I agree - same as I believe in relation to LCV laundry perk two members so perk should be one bag each, after all two have earned their loyalty.

However this is an example of something Azamara does not respond to feedback on - I have given up saying it because its like a broken record that no one listens to or can explain why.  Its clearly not laundry capacity given the number of times they run the fill a bag for $40 promotion during a cruise, so Phil, I think you are getting a line and its all about the bottom line (again).

I noticed on our recent cruise, that when we stuffed the bag full and added up the price of the individual items, it was actually less than $40, so that promotion is hardly a “sale.”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I noticed on our recent cruise, that when we stuffed the bag full and added up the price of the individual items, it was actually less than $40, so that promotion is hardly a “sale.”

That’s interesting. We got a heck of a lot in our 2 bags last cruise, but I didn’t add up how much it would have cost individually. I’ll do that next time.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

That’s interesting. We got a heck of a lot in our 2 bags last cruise, but I didn’t add up how much it would have cost individually. I’ll do that next time.

Maybe you’re a better stuffer than I, but worth checking out!

On 8/20/2019 at 9:59 AM, Mackdogmolly said:

Maybe you’re a better stuffer than I, but worth checking out!

Roll those dirty clothes tight, and you can get a lot more in the bag  🙂  Because our last cruise was only 8 nights I didn't bother sending laundry out, but on our 13 night cruise, I had that bag bursting at the seams!  LOL.  And I still made use of the laundry facilities so we didn't go home with dirty clothes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hiccups said:

Roll those dirty clothes tight, and you can get a lot more in the bag  🙂  Because our last cruise was only 8 nights I didn't bother sending laundry out, but on our 13 night cruise, I had that bag bursting at the seams!  LOL.  And I still made use of the laundry facilities so we didn't go home with dirty clothes.

I’m going to have to work on my rolling techniques! 😄

• Haha 1

On 8/20/2019 at 9:23 AM, Host Grandma Cruising said:

The laundry bag is small. We counted our items and added up what it would have cost us on per item charge.  It was less than $40.  20 items.  I rolled clothing tightly and pushed them into the bag. That bag special for $40 would have cost me more.  I remember bag specials in early years of Azamara being $25/bag.  In those days as discover plus, I got more free bags of laundry.  It would be great if a cruise had a set price for unlimited laundry. There are other lines that offer it.