Should I ask for a change of cabin - too much sun!

clo

We're cruising in December from Rio to Buenos Aires.  North to south, summer down there.  Our cabin is on the starboard side, aft, and I realized that we're going to be getting full sun in the afternoon and we hate the sun 🙂  FWIW we'll be on Oceania Marina with a veranda.  I've considered contacting 'my guy' there and see if we can get a comparable cabin on the port side.  Any opinions? TIA.

8 minutes ago, clo said:

We're cruising in December from Rio to Buenos Aires.  North to south, summer down there.  Our cabin is on the starboard side, aft, and I realized that we're going to be getting full sun in the afternoon and we hate the sun 🙂  FWIW we'll be on Oceania Marina with a veranda.  I've considered contacting 'my guy' there and see if we can get a comparable cabin on the port side.  Any opinions? TIA.

ASK for room darkening curtains/shades.  Most ships have an upholsterer on board and likely could sttich some up for you if they do not  have any ready-made

.image.png.cbfad4687b4ecb93fede369af042b34d.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Just now, sail7seas said:

ASK for room darkening curtains/shades.  Most ships have an upholsterer on board and likely could sttich some up for you if they do not  have any ready-made

.image.png.cbfad4687b4ecb93fede369af042b34d.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Oh, sorry.  I wasn't clear.  We'd like to be able to sit on our veranda.   🙂

9 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Well, on the port side it would be full sun in the morning.  Six of one...EM

But also not as hot in the AM.  And we'd likely be off the ship early and back later.  Only one sea day.

We just chatted and decided that we're more likely to have coffee on the veranda in the AM.  And it will be cooler than the afternoon.  So we'll still with what we have.  Do you think I should report this thread and ask them t delete it?  Thanks y'all.  Cath

I’d recommend leaving the thread as it’s a good illustration of decision-making considerations.   Might help other cruisers who could be processing factors for their own cabin selection.

• Like 1