Drinks P (again sorry) delaying a day saving?

Leahetea

If you order the Drinks Package on Day 2 of your cruise do you still pay for the entire length (e.g, 7 night cruise £39 x 7) or do you just get charged for 6 days and save £39?

Thanks in advance but might make it worthwhile if we could drop the first day charge 😎

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

I would think that Pay As You Go would be better unless you really think you can drink £39.00 per day per person.  We can't get anywhere near that.

Don't forget that the drinks package includes coffee and soft drinks as well, so it us quite possible that some people could easily spend £20 a day on non-alcoholic drinks. The remaining £20 equates to only 4 or 5 alcoholic drinks, which really isn't that much.

• Like 1

OK, we don't do soft drinks, drink water during the day, have the occasional coffee.  £20 a day each on soft drinks?  So they are about £2.50?  4 each a day?  oh well.

I think the other main problem for us is that it doesn't included bottles of wine at dinner.  Ordering by the glass is a pain.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

OK, we don't do soft drinks, drink water during the day, have the occasional coffee.  £20 a day each on soft drinks?  So they are about £2.50?  4 each a day?  oh well.

I think the other main problem for us is that it doesn't included bottles of wine at dinner.  Ordering by the glass is a pain.

I agree with you about the wine at dinner - that's why we will never bother with the package,  and I don't drink soft drinks!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Out of interest, does the package come out of your OBC?  We've got quite a lot of OBC for our next trip and it will probably cover our drinks bill for 19 days - nearly!

Yes it does.

I’ve just read the t&c’s and you do just pay the adjusted amount (less one day £39) if you take up the offer on day 2 of your cruise and it’s says you can use loyalty discount as well . As it’s added to your onboard account OBC must be included.( it doesn’t say otherwise in t&c’s)

I’ve decided it’s a good option for us with 2 children and we spent a lot of time on the ships most days too. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leahetea said:

I’ve just read the t&c’s and you do just pay the adjusted amount (less one day £39) if you take up the offer on day 2 of your cruise and it’s says you can use loyalty discount as well . As it’s added to your onboard account OBC must be included.( it doesn’t say otherwise in t&c’s)

I’ve decided it’s a good option for us with 2 children and we spent a lot of time on the ships most days too. 

For what you have described is exactly as happened to us when we purchased the package.  Bought on 2nd day for £39 less, and our OBC was used against it.  Still worth having a look to see if they are offering any deals for buying on 1st day.

We do not drink any wine, so that element was never a concern.  Used it for Costa's, soft drinks, mock-tails, beer and cocktails till late in the night.  We only had one of our sons with us, but still we were better off with the package than paying for each drink.  And for us, no it didn't make us feel like we had to drink more to get our moneys worth.  Only the two of us going on Iona next year, and we will be taking up the package again.

Most of all, do what's right for you and your family, and have a wonderful cruise.

We've just got back from Ventura today and were going to buy the package on the morning of the 2nd day but as we got on early decided to do it straight away, can honestly say we made it work as we had at least 3/4 lattes or hot chocolates, Pepsi or lemonades, bottles of water, and in my case quite a few cocktails, even got my hubby drinking raspberry creme brulees who only normally drinks beer, had no problems getting a refill, even when drinking wine with a meal, and loved the barman in metropolis who came back regular as clockwork every 14 minutes 😁, only problem is I now need to dry out 😁 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1