Balcony cabins on Eclipse

trishh

Morning everyone,

apologies if this question has been asked before but I couldn't find the answer. I've never sailed Celebrity before  and I'd like to know if there are any balcony's that are half shaded. I'm a pale skinned Scot, married to an Aussie who tans, so the balcony cabins that have a bit of shade suit us both. I've looked through the cabin information spreadsheet, but any pictures I see appear to have fully covered balconys. Thanks in advance.

Trish 

Kind of depends what direction the ship is pointed, to some extent, doesn't it? Even with a covered balcony, if your side of the ship is facing the sun, you're going to be in the sun, except around high noon. However there are the famous "sweet 16" cabins on deck 6 on the Millennium class ships that have much bigger balconies than the rest. But those don't exist on the Solstice class ships.

29 minutes ago, trishh said:

Morning everyone,

apologies if this question has been asked before but I couldn't find the answer. I've never sailed Celebrity before  and I'd like to know if there are any balcony's that are half shaded. I'm a pale skinned Scot, married to an Aussie who tans, so the balcony cabins that have a bit of shade suit us both. I've looked through the cabin information spreadsheet, but any pictures I see appear to have fully covered balconys. Thanks in advance.

Trish 

Few balconies are fully covered, and even they receive their fair share of direct sunlight, depending on the time of day and your ship's direction of travel. Most balconies will have periods of sun and shade to varying degrees, so you'll some time when you'll both be happy, other times when one will be happier than the other.

Look at the 1A category on the slant.  They have oversized balconies with shade by the door and sun nearer the rail.  On the Eclipse look for cabins 7258-7264 or 7286 - 7292 on the Starboard side or those directly across on the port side.  The same location on deck 6 and 8 are identical as are they are deck 9 & 10 although are higher priced.

5 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Look at the 1A category on the slant.  They have oversized balconies with shade by the door and sun nearer the rail.  On the Eclipse look for cabins 7258-7264 or 7286 - 7292 on the Starboard side or those directly across on the port side.  The same location on deck 6 and 8 are identical as are they are deck 9 & 10 although are higher priced.

We recently returned from a 14-day cruise with the largest balcony on the slant. There were still times when either all or none of the balcony was in shade, but you are right, they provide the best option for a good mix of sun and shade.

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, nekzaadvakil said:

We were on the Eclipse last year in a sunset Veranda Cabin. Didn't have too much sun. Tons of pics in my review (link in signature below)

Cheers!

Nick

Thank you so much now I want a sunset vernada cabin!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

Thank you for the tips!