Seabourn, silversea or seadream?

lionsfan99

I’m looking at booking one of those 3 for Caribbean cruise in early February 2020.  Seabourn Odyssey , silver sea wind, seadream yacht.   I’ve done Viking river cruise solo and loved it.  Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on those three?  Not too concerned about solo supplement as I can’t do much about that.  Just want to get a feel for how other guests interact with solos, staff etc...  thanks for any input. 

I can only offer a limited opinion because I haven't cruised with Seabourn or Seadream (mostly because their solo supps are so high) but I do have over 300 days solo with Silversea and I can attest that the onboard treatment of solos is very good - you feel as though you are actually a welcome guest rather than a slight annoyance who has to be accommodated and will hit the profit margin.

Also, I think the Silversea loyalty programme and the low solo supplement offers are some of the most generous around. 

18 hours ago, lionsfan99 said:

I’m looking at booking one of those 3 for Caribbean cruise in early February 2020.  Seabourn Odyssey , silver sea wind, seadream yacht.   I’ve done Viking river cruise solo and loved it.  Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on those three?  Not too concerned about solo supplement as I can’t do much about that.  Just want to get a feel for how other guests interact with solos, staff etc...  thanks for any input. 

Lois R seems to be the poster here that can tell you but she seems busy on other boards planning her travels.  Too bad Cruise Critic never activated their private messaging system so you can send her a note.

She moved from these luxe lines to river cruising, so would be the best help. 

Here is a link to one of her posts.  If you Quote and reply, maybe she will get a message and come back to answer you.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2661629-booked-another-cruise-a-river-cruise/

I travelled solo for the first time last year with Silversea on The Whisper, doing a 9 day cruise in the med and I loved every minute of it.  There were pre-dinner cocktails for solo passengers arranged by two of the ships staff who then accompanied the solo travellers to dinner.  Of course you were free to do your own organising (or not) as the mood took you ...   I met some lovely people on my cruise, some of whom I am still in contact with.  Most of my fellow passengers were welcoming and happy to spend some time chatting over the days events etc.  All of the staff were very friendly and helpful and at no time did I feel uncomfortable travelling solo.  There was a good atmsosphere on the ship and I thoroughly enjoyed my cruise.  In fact, I am booked to go solo with Silversea again in January,  only this time to Asia.   I can't comment on the other cruise lines but I highly recommend the Silversea solo experience. 

HI, I still check  this forum:classic_biggrin:......Hi Missy.  I have sailed twice with Silversea and loved both cruises.  I am sailing with Seabourn next year for the first time but it will be in April so the OP will have already cruised.

I agree with Jolly on the SS experience though...…...I really did have 2 wonderful cruises:classic_biggrin: oh,

the folks on the Seabourn forum have given me some very positive replies on how solos are treated

with them as well. I will have to wait until April to find out for myself:classic_biggrin:

Hi Lois!  Hi LionsFan (is that NITTANY Lion?)!

I have only been on SS as a part of a couple.  (My first solo is this November.)  I observed that the solos are at officer or other invited tables and that the pool bar staff takes good care of them.  My first Seabourn will be next May so will report back too.

Missy

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2019 at 10:39 PM, MHF said:

Hi Lois!  Hi LionsFan (is that NITTANY Lion?)!

I have only been on SS as a part of a couple.  (My first solo is this November.)  I observed that the solos are at officer or other invited tables and that the pool bar staff takes good care of them.  My first Seabourn will be next May so will report back too.

Missy

No, Detroit Lions (sadly lol).  I think I've decided to go with silver sea feb 3-13 as a solo!  Sounds like fun and lots to do even if I am all alone!