Reservations for Savor, taste, Manhatten

stevendom57

I am going on the Joy in 13 days.

I have my reservations for the three specialty dinners made. I was poking around the web site and I see that the three MDRs, Savor, Taste and Manhatten also offer reservations. I thought NCL was freestyle dining, show up and be seated. Do I really need to make reservations?

TIA

Steven

14 minutes ago, stevendom57 said:

I am going on the Joy in 13 days.

I have my reservations for the three specialty dinners made. I was poking around the web site and I see that the three MDRs, Savor, Taste and Manhatten also offer reservations. I thought NCL was freestyle dining, show up and be seated. Do I really need to make reservations?

TIA

Steven

I always make reservations online before hand for dinner if it’s speciality or MDR  I find it easier to have some pre planned things like dinner and show times and then we fit in other things around them.

It works like your average land-based restaurant, just show up & they'll seat you.  If it's busy, they'll hand you a pager & you can wait at the bar.  That being said, there's usually a run on the hostess kiosk right when the dining room opens (around 5:00 or 5:30,) but once they get all the early birds seated, it'll generally be pretty quiet for the first hour.  You should be fine.  

I have sailed during the Holidays. I make MDR reservations on the actual holiday and sometimes on sea days. Definitely not generally required to have one. 

Edited by Nola26

I think right after the shows they would get pretty busy.  Savor and Taste always seemed to have a wait when we sailed the BA in May.  I had made reservations because I was timing it to line up with the shows we had booked.  One day the Savor hostess was super rude to us so we just left and went to Manhattan - they never had a wait and we actually liked it better there than Savor and Taste.