Excursion transport

Bdnclc

You either book your own or you go on Princess.

There are some excursions where they offer to drop you in town to give you time to shop before you go back to the ship but not time at an activity or beach.

I suppose you could do that but they are usually timed so that you make sure you are back to the ship before it sails!! Spending extra time might get you left behind!!!!

We have taken ship excursions where we have left the group and arranged for our own transportation back to the ship.  When we have done that we have notified the guide of our plans and when we were going to leave the group.

We have had pax leave a ship excursion before the excursion returns to the ship.  Be sure to check out with the tour guide however before departing so that they are not looking for you.  The only port I have been to so far was St Petersburg where because of Russian law one was not allowed to leave the tour unless they held a Russian visa which is very hard to get.

We were on the Land of Midnight Sun cruise in June and on a private tour.  We went to see this old small country church on our way back to the ship.  There was a pax from our ship there who had been on a ship tour and was left at the church by his tour.  When he went back to board the bus it was gone.  He definitely appeared happy to see us and was on the tour by himself. We had space on our bus and the tour guide allowed him to ride along as we were returning to the ship.  I had never heard of this happening and obviously the tour guide was not counting heads.  I have no idea what the result was but he was clearly unhappy with Princess.  I did not see him later on the ship.

I have led many groups here in the states out into the wilderness.  I and my assistant leader both counted heads religiously and had a list of participants as well.  I could not imagine not counting heads at every stop.

Edited by satxdiver