Apex- What Ocean Liner Restaurant?

Tenderpaw

Has anyone heard what the ocean liner restaurant on the Apex will be?  The Edge has The Normandie and it has been inferred that the Edge class ships will be getting the ocean liner fittings removed from the Ocean Liner restaurants on the Millenium class when they downgraded them by installing the Tuscan (Olive Garden LOL my opinion) in their place.

The deck plans on Celebrity's website are just copies of the Edge, so they aren't helpful.

Thanks,

Dave

23 minutes ago, Tenderpaw said:

Has anyone heard what the ocean liner restaurant on the Apex will be?  The Edge has The Normandie and it has been inferred that the Edge class ships will be getting the ocean liner fittings removed from the Ocean Liner restaurants on the Millenium class when they downgraded them by installing the Tuscan (Olive Garden LOL my opinion) in their place.

The deck plans on Celebrity's website are just copies of the Edge, so they aren't helpful.

Thanks,

Dave

Great question! Yes, some paneling from the Summit is in the Normandie restaurant on the Edge. It was originally from the SS Normandy. I was so happy to see it after those gorgeous restaurants were torn out of the M Class ships. I will be looking forward to see what maritime artifacts might be on the Apex.

Normandie Restaurant on the Edge with paneling from the SS Normandy (called Man's Games and Pleasures) :

image.thumb.png.e4d4e6a7802e64842510d2dbc8841629.png

Edited by vtcruising

9 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Great question! Yes, some paneling from the Summit is in the Normandie restaurant on the Edge. It was originally from the SS Normandy. I was so happy to see it after those gorgeous restaurants were torn out of the M Class ships. I will be looking forward to see what maritime artifacts might be on the Apex.

Normandie Restaurant on the Edge with paneling from the SS Normandy (called Man's Games and Pleasures) :

image.thumb.png.e4d4e6a7802e64842510d2dbc8841629.png

Yes, beautiful and such class!  I wish they hadn't tried to "improve" this by putting those slats in front of it, but I"m not complaining because they at least had enough sense to bring it back.  I always thought these were removed from the old ships because the previous Celebrity owners (who where a traditional Greek shipping company) had designed them and not the "modern luxury" new RCL executives.  You know, "not invented here".  Sanity occasionally prevails!  Now will the Apex have the Olympic, United States, or Ocean Liners restaurant?

Edited by Tenderpaw

Dining was recently added to the Cruise Planner for Apex sailings, and for now it is showing all the same restaurants as Edge, including Normandie.  The overview description makes references to Edge so it sounds like a simple copy and paste.

11 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

Dining was recently added to the Cruise Planner for Apex sailings, and for now it is showing all the same restaurants as Edge, including Normandie.  The overview description makes references to Edge so it sounds like a simple copy and paste.

Mine doesn’t have Eden Restaurant, but gas all Edgecspecialty restaurants. It also does have Normandie (I’m booked for two nights there - one while in Paris😎).

Edited by vtcruising

28 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Mine doesn’t have Eden Restaurant, but gas all Edgecspecialty restaurants. It also does have Normandie (I’m booked for two nights there - one while in Paris😎).

I don't have Eden either, but everything that is showing matches what is on Edge.

Yes, very quiet!

If Apex is cookie cutter we will probably cancel.our 7 day APEX Carib cruise.  By then we,ll have made 2 trips on EDGE and would want some new and exciting changes.  Anxiously awaiting the reveals!

1 hour ago, Tenderpaw said:

Is it just me, or has X been more silent than usual about the upcoming Apex?  They've said virtually nothing about her.

I agree - I think there is so little that is different that they think they are creating the excitement by not saying anything. I think that there will be enough different for me to enjoy her, especially if there are 4000 pieces of curated art as the Edge has onboard. I like many things about the Edge Class so should enjoy the Apex.

I am really looking forward to the bigger, and hopefully better, Beyond in 2021. I imagine there will be more excitement to rolling that ship out as there should be several differences. 🙂