Park and Go versus Parking at the Port

mwlillie

I have a Carnival cruise out of Port Everglades coming up. With consideration to posts concerning the crowds, and sometimes chaos, getting the Park&Go shuttle after a cruise. And considering that I will be driving back home for at least 12 hours, should I consider just parking at the terminal?

Can you provide recent pro's and con's. 

Edited by mwlillie
needed to check spelling

With that long a drive (and I’m impressed if you can get to Ashburn in 12 hours; it takes us 15 hours from our condo 12 miles north of the port to our house in northern Shenandoah County and the same to our former house in Arlington) park at the port and get to your car and on the road quickly.

Park n Go is where we usually park for Port Everglades cruises...their first shuttle leaves at 8am and they continue thereafter until everyone is picked up.  We get off the ship as soon as possible, 8am, and they are usually there very prompt. Driving from there is far less stressful than getting in the traffic leaving the port parking. Park n Go's lot is directly next to the freeway...simple.

On 8/29/2019 at 9:57 AM, CineGraphic said:

Here's the best deal for parking near the port.https://www.airportparkinginc.com/

They book spots at hotels nearby, and charge much less than the hotels charge their guests. Shuttle is included.

I should add that the farther ahead you book, the better the price.

Have parked at both P n G and  at the port. P n G is less expensive and I parked there numerous  times. My last two experiences led me to parking at the port. P n G is easy to reserve and their shuttles both to and from the port are great, fast, and plentiful. Security at the lot is great.  

The situation at the the parking lot is what drove me to pay for port parking.They have become too popular.  I returned to find my car (both times), along with many other vehicles, parked along one side of the drive lanes, rather than in a true parking space which was perpendicular to the road. This made the driving area of the road very narrow. It would have been very easy for a much larger vehicle, such as an SUV, to sideswipe my car. In addition, on my last experience, (the driveways are all oneway), we got stuck behind the shuttle bus dropping off passengers. It took us well over 15 minutes to get from the “space” to get on the road. 

Edited by Straughn

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2019 at 2:23 PM, capriccio said:

With that long a drive (and I’m impressed if you can get to Ashburn in 12 hours; it takes us 15 hours from our condo 12 miles north of the port to our house in northern Shenandoah County and the same to our former house in Arlington) park at the port and get to your car and on the road quickly.

We live one hour north of Roanoke.  We have the option of going down Rt. 29 through Danville and Greensboro then hitting 95 there.

Or go 81S to 77 then 95.  

We'll be traveling the day after Thanksgiving.  It'll be 5 of us in the car so we don't want to be in a rush so we're giving us an extra day.  What way do you typically go?  You're near the Woodstock area correct?

Katonburg - yes we are just north of Woodstock/south of Strasburg (at I-81 exit 291).  For us, the 81S to 77 to 95 is the shortest route.  You will definitely have a couple of hours shorter drive!  We've been doing this route for more than 6 years and that entire time I-77 well before Charlotte has been under construction and a guaranteed slowdown.  When we came north in mid-April they had made some visible progress but I think it will be years before it is done.

On 9/9/2019 at 7:15 PM, Straughn said:

Have parked at both P n G and  at the port. P n G is less expensive and I parked there numerous  times. My last two experiences led me to parking at the port. P n G is easy to reserve and their shuttles both to and from the port are great, fast, and plentiful. Security at the lot is great.  

The situation at the the parking lot is what drove me to pay for port parking.They have become too popular.  I returned to find my car (both times), along with many other vehicles, parked along one side of the drive lanes, rather than in a true parking space which was perpendicular to the road. This made the driving area of the road very narrow. It would have been very easy for a much larger vehicle, such as an SUV, to sideswipe my car. In addition, on my last experience, (the driveways are all oneway), we got stuck behind the shuttle bus dropping off passengers. It took us well over 15 minutes to get from the “space” to get on the road. 

The reason that your car is parked there in the isle lane is because they move the cars around according to when the driver is coming back from the cruise...easier for you to get out of the parking lot, at least I find it that way...don't mean to be snarky, just info to let you know...