Sky ?? and thoughts

h-sar

Has it been definitively confirmed that the Sky does not have a sea walk?

I’m wondering how much longer it’ll take to get a burger or fries at pool side with all the new, more complex items on the menu at Salty Dog. I really only went there for quick fresh, hot fries; as much as I’m looking forward to the new street tacos, I’m wondering  about wait times with the new menu and also given the fact that one can now use ocean medallion to order from a lounge chair. Anyone else thinking the same? 

One of my favourite places to sit was outside the shops on the Regal, with the wicker furniture,  which I believe will be turned into outdoor  seating for a couple of the restaurants. Wondering if that seating will be open to the general public during non-operational hours or if access is only possible through the restaurants. 

Very excited about our Christmas and New Year’s cruise on the Sky this coming year. Have spent the last five winter holidays with the family on the Regal and can’t imagine spending that time anywhere but on the newest Princess ship! 

I think it does have the glass panels in the deck...so sort of a semi-SeaWalk.  Looks like they filled in the void in the deck that makes it feel like a bridge extending out from the side of the ship, like on Regal.   The Sky deck plan shows glass panels on both sides of the ship.  Guessing they got too many complaints from the cabins that have no balcony privacy on Royal/Regal/Majestic because they are so exposed to people walking on the SeaWalk??

1 hour ago, LongToSeeTheSea said:

I think it does have the glass panels in the deck...so sort of a semi-SeaWalk.  Looks like they filled in the void in the deck that makes it feel like a bridge extending out from the side of the ship, like on Regal.   The Sky deck plan shows glass panels on both sides of the ship.  Guessing they got too many complaints from the cabins that have no balcony privacy on Royal/Regal/Majestic because they are so exposed to people walking on the SeaWalk??

No doubt they’ll now get complaints that the cabins in that location are too dark because they’ve filled in the void which was there before 🤣

Hi H-Sar!  I will be on  New Years week and then the 1st week in January.  I look forward to finally meeting up with my old "Van Horne" compadre!  Do you know if someone has organized a Meet & Greet for the New Years week?  A friend is joining me for the 1st week (I will be celebrating a BIG birthday!) and then she will leave and another girl friend is coming on board for the 2nd week.  I am very much looking forward to sailing on the Sky.  😊

Sheila

As for Salty Dog Grill - absolutely no difference in wait times aboard Crown or Caribbean, both of which have the SDG versus old Trident Grill. 

Ordered cheesy bacon fries from the app to be delivered to me in buffet while I ate there, took about 12-14 minutes (the app does say allow 20 minutes for delivery).  The wait staff that brings it is roving staff from the different areas, not the ones working behind the Grill.  

You shouldn't notice any difference. During peak times, normal lines moving at normal speed. Other times - walk right up and order 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Daddysbaby said:

Hi H-Sar!  I will be on  New Years week and then the 1st week in January.  I look forward to finally meeting up with my old "Van Horne" compadre!  Do you know if someone has organized a Meet & Greet for the New Years week?  A friend is joining me for the 1st week (I will be celebrating a BIG birthday!) and then she will leave and another girl friend is coming on board for the 2nd week.  I am very much looking forward to sailing on the Sky.  😊

Sheila

Daddysbaby and h-sar:

I started a Roll Call for the New Year’s Eve week cruise. There is also a RC for the 2-week Christmas/NYE cruise and I imagine there is also a RC for the week following NYE.

YES!!! We will be having a Meet & Greet on the NYE cruise! I always plan fun ones so I hope y’all will post on the RC. I haven’t started getting folks to sign up yet since we’ve not gotten to the final payment date, as often some sign up for M&G, decide to not take the cruise, and forget to let us know on the RC...tends to mess up the participant count!

Here is the link to the RC:

On 8/29/2019 at 11:35 PM, Daddysbaby said:

Sheila

Looking forward to finally meeting up, Sheila! Can’t think of a better place to celebrate a significant birthday than on a new Princess ship 😃.