Cozumel: Any snorkeling right from a beach?

CruiseyMcBoatFace

I have been to Money Bar twice.  The path I took to enter the water was via concrete steps with a rail.  I will say that it can be a little rough especially if the water is a little rough.  I'm not sure how old your mother is but you should take that into consideration.  Once I did navigate down the steps and into the water, it was great.  Fish are swimming all around and I had a lot of fun both times.  Your quote of walk in/walk out doesn't quite fit Money Bar.  You will not be walking on a sandy beach into the water.  I will say that I do like this place a whole lot because it is very peaceful and close to the ports.  We spent a few hours each time.  We did order a couple of drinks and chips/salsa to snack on.  My husband had a beach massage the first time we were there.  I guess I just want you to know that it is not as simple as just walking on a nice sandy beach into nice calm water.  Of course, this is my experience the two times I visited.

The places with ironshore will give the best experience but as already reported the access will be by steps or slippery rocks, look at Money Bar, Sky Reef, Corona.

some people report reasonable snorkeling at Uvas and Playa Azul, Buccanos which are beaches with rocks.

Depending on ability and weather conditions, care with currents.

https://cozumelmycozumel.com/cozumel-snorkeling-from-shore/

Edited by c-leg5

If your mom can't do a boat ladder, she can't handle the rocky entrances at Money Bar or Chankanaab.

If she's a strong swimmer, she could enter the cove area (walk-in, gradual sand entry) at Chankanaab, then swim through the inlet to access the outside area where there are things to see when snorkeling.  The waves can be a bit choppy, so take that into consideration.  

I scribbled on a satellite image of Chankanaab to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.  Even in this satellite picture, you can see the difference in the waves in the snorkel area versus the protected cove area.  

Chankanaab Beach Adventure Park - Google Maps.png

• 2 weeks later...