Will there be tours for sale on the Ketchican dock?

smj

There were a lot of them when we were there this summer.  The problem I have w pier tours is that I like to look at tour reviews before I book and you obviously can't do that so you are basically buying a pig in a poke.  I am sure that some of them are very good but you will not know until after the tour is over.  Also, I like to take small group (8 people or less) tours and I would guess that you can't get one of those at the pier unless you take a taxi.

DON

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

There were a lot of them when we were there this summer.  The problem I have w pier tours is that I like to look at tour reviews before I book and you obviously can't do that so you are basically buying a pig in a poke.  I am sure that some of them are very good but you will not know until after the tour is over.  Also, I like to take small group (8 people or less) tours and I would guess that you can't get one of those at the pier unless you take a taxi.

DON

We were just in Ketchikan and there were numerous tour operators with booths in the visitors center.  We had booked a tour with the very highly rated Island Wings tours.  They do only small group tours and they had same day availability.

We were in Ketchikan on a less busy port day, so that may make a difference, but if you are not set on a particular tour it's hard to believe you couldn't find something without a reservation. 

If you decide to wing it I would still suggest researching to see what kind of tours you might like and who some of the better tour operators are so you could hook up with a well reviewed company. 

Edited by przyk

We were in Ketchikan Friday and would thoroughly recommend the Baring Sea Crab Fishing Tour. It's a great excursion for Deadliest Catch fans or non-fans alike.

Oh, and it sets sail from the same pier as the Celebrity docks!

Edited by Guindalf