Room service

lucas34

18 minutes ago, ERNLYN said:

Operator asked if the room service menu was complimentary.  No one has answered the question. are the items an additional charge? Is a gratuity charged?

The answer is here on their other thread, these threads could be combined I suppose: 

Ignore them Shaded, and thanks for posting the info!

We love room service and always enjoy a morning cup of coffee or hot tea on the balcony before heading to the Dining Room for breakfast!

Lucas34, the room service has a decent selection of free items, and a few with a cost (though we haven't paid for anything yet).
It is free until 10PM, at which time there is a small fee.

Always tip your room service delivery person.

Also, you can now order pizza to your room for a small fee as well! (Can't remember what it is though, something like $5 or $10).

22 hours ago, Chervil said:

Lucas34, the room service has a decent selection of free items, and a few with a cost (though we haven't paid for anything yet).
It is free until 10PM, at which time there is a small fee.

Thanks to all who replied,  I too was curious regarding the items which may have a fee.

Chervil, are you indicating the items on the right of the menu, example "firecracker Shrimp" are a

no fee if ordered before 10pm, and a fee if ordered after 10pm?

I believe there is always an 18 percent gratuity charged for the items with a fee correct?

14 minutes ago, ERNLYN said:

Thanks to all who replied,  I too was curious regarding the items which may have a fee.

Chervil, are you indicating the items on the right of the menu, example "firecracker Shrimp" are a

no fee if ordered before 10pm, and a fee if ordered after 10pm?

I believe there is always an 18 percent gratuity charged for the items with a fee correct?

I don't think there is an automatic gratuity. We usually just tip our delivery person a few dollars.

The items on the left side of the menu are completely free from 6am to 10pm.
The ones on the right side of the menu are priced as marked.
The firecracker shrimp you mentioned are $6 day or night.
So anything with a price next to it will cost you.

If you notice, they have a completely different menu available from 6-10 and then a different one from 10-6.

Hopefully that helps!

You can see the items that are available with no charge before 10 PM in the attached menus... and there is no service charge or gratuity added to the cost... you are expected to tip the room service staff every time you order, whether there's a charge for your food or not (we usually tip $2-$3 each time, depending on how much we get).

Room Service menu with prices.jpg

Room Service menu with prices v2.jpg

Edited by Shaded Lady