Ships changing ports

denmarks

4 hours ago, satxdiver said:

On AK cruises the enclosed pool does not do anything for us who come from the southwest where we are able to use our pools 6 months a year. 

You can only use your pools 6 months a year! Because of this you should be taking advantage of every opportunity to use a pool.

14 hours ago, caribill said:

480 more passengers = more profit.

Sent from my desktop using MTF

Not necessarily when the size of the ship may cause additional docking expenses and delays due to having to wait for the correct conditions to enter and leave port.

3 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I think they did the same with the Royal Princess and put her up in Alaska.  She is a beautiful ship but no indoor pool area.  The Retreat Pool does offer a little shelter but still not covered.  

I have heard because of the Royal Princess's size it has some problems navigating in and out of some West coast harbours and is subject to delays because of this.

Edited by brisalta

58 minutes ago, brisalta said:

I have heard because of the Royal Princess's size it has some problems navigating in and out of some West coast harbours and is subject to delays because of this.

my understanding was the issue is because the royal class lacks azipods, making her slightly less maneuverable in certain ports. 

24 minutes ago, mrell345 said:

my understanding was the issue is because the royal class lacks azipods, making her slightly less maneuverable in certain ports. 

Plenty of ships do not have azipods and do not have problems.

The Royal has a tight fit under some bridges and even though the tide charts indicate clearance, a wind and the sea state can change the clearance

Edited by brisalta

14 hours ago, Ombud said:

I'm confused as to why Princess keeps older ships (Sun & Sea) 

Because they are ideal for some of the Australian itineraries including the Australian world cruise. We like them and would hate to see them replaced by the bigger ships.

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Because they are ideal for some of the Australian itineraries including the Australian world cruise. We like them and would hate to see them replaced by the bigger ships.

I would love to see mare smaller ships, even smaller than Sea and Sun.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I think they did the same with the Royal Princess and put her up in Alaska.  She is a beautiful ship but no indoor pool area.  The Retreat Pool does offer a little shelter but still not covered.  

We also have the Island and the Golden which have enclosed pools