Can I check in while waiting for passport renewal?

Nadersmom

I was checking in for our November cruise and realized that my son's passport was expired.  :classic_ohmy:     I had originally gotten son's passport when DH and myself got ours.    What I forgot was that because he was only like 13 or so, that his passport would expire in less time than ours.   He's now 18 and needed a new one.  

I've submitted for a new one and I'm fairly confident that we'll receive it before our Thanksgiving cruise.

My question is:    can I continue checking us all in for our cruise before his new passport arrives?   I will not have an expiration date to list until we receive it.    Can I check  him in using the Birth Certificate option for travel documents for now?   Then go in and revise it to Passport when we get the new one?    Or am I stuck with Birth Certificate option if I choose it now?

1 minute ago, Nadersmom said:

I was checking in for our November cruise and realized that my son's passport was expired.  :classic_ohmy:     I had originally gotten son's passport when DH and myself got ours.    What I forgot was that because he was only like 13 or so, that his passport would expire in less time than ours.   He's now 18 and needed a new one.  

I've submitted for a new one and I'm fairly confident that we'll receive it before our Thanksgiving cruise.

My question is:    can I continue checking us all in for our cruise before his new passport arrives?   I will not have an expiration date to list until we receive it.    Can I check  him in using the Birth Certificate option for travel documents for now?   Then go in and revise it to Passport when we get the new one?    Or am I stuck with Birth Certificate option if I choose it now?

Yes , just put birth certificate , then edit when passport comes in. I did this for our "Girl's " cruise next month, I also made everyone's account cash and they will give their own credit cards when checking in at the port.

You can actually leave the passport part blank and add it once you have the new number.  You can complete the entire check in questionnaire and still leave that out without any problems.  The info you put in will be saved.  No need to even provide the birth certificate info at this time.