Disney v MSC

Viccarol

So in August we did our first MSC cruise after cruising Disney ocean view and had an amazing time - was it disney service? No, but it wasn’t a million miles away, it was much better then some of the service you get in four star European hotels. On the last day of our August cruise we got a letter under the door with an offer for a round the world cruise for £12k from MSC  really not something we can afford so put it to one side. Just had an offer from Disney for an 11 day European cruise (something we would consider) for €11k!!! What that’s ridiculous!! I think I know who my new cruise line is!! 

• Like 1

Yes, never sailed Disney but always been shocked at the prices - in fact that goes for their land operations too. IMO much better ways to spend that kind of money.

Have always been impressed by the ships but can't understand why people continue to pay the prices!

Have never cruised Disney and never will.  My DH knows I'm adamant about this and teases me sometimes by saying, "we're taking our future grand kids on a Disney cruise..."  It will literally have to be over my dead body and then only because they're scattering my ashes at sea.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

5 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Have never cruised Disney and never will.  My DH knows I'm adamant about this and teases me sometimes by saying, "we're taking our future grand kids on a Disney cruise..."  It will literally have to be over my dead body and then only because they're scattering my ashes at sea.

I do not like Disney and said the same thing.  Friends entire family went years back and we went too on a three night which we said we' also never do.  It was fantastic.  Been on all their ships now and gold.  Concierge area on new ships is great but not as good as Top Sail.  

DCL has great service.  The entertainment is fabulous, and again, something I thought I wouldn't like.  Ships are beautiful.  More adult only areas than a lot of ships out there.

Their private island is the best out there.  While OC looks like it will be nice, CC is so large it has lots of things to do.

Worst thing is the prices but there are so many rabbid Disney fans out there plus they now have Star Wars on the ships highly unlikely we will sail them again.

On 9/6/2019 at 4:30 PM, Viccarol said:

So in August we did our first MSC cruise after cruising Disney ocean view and had an amazing time - was it disney service? No, but it wasn’t a million miles away, it was much better then some of the service you get in four star European hotels. On the last day of our August cruise we got a letter under the door with an offer for a round the world cruise for £12k from MSC  really not something we can afford so put it to one side. Just had an offer from Disney for an 11 day European cruise (something we would consider) for €11k!!! What that’s ridiculous!! I think I know who my new cruise line is!! 

Off topic, but would love to hear about the £12k offer.

gary

I sailed Disney a few times when our kiddos were actually kiddos, and it was wonderful and worth the $$ at the time.  Now I have cruised most of the mainstream lines and find that I don't miss Disney one bit.  I loved my Seaside cruise, and although it was nothing like Disney, it was fantastic.  I can't wait to sail her again, and to try more of the MSC ships.

13 hours ago, gtaylor said:

Off topic, but would love to hear about the £12k offer.

gary

Here’s the details (I thought we’d left that bit of paperwork on board - but the hoarder brought it home 😂) it is per person - sounds a lovely cruise but out of our price range 😬

6D8D7215-E75F-4B42-9FD1-88D64E6B6D78.jpeg

On 9/8/2019 at 10:35 AM, Viccarol said:

Here’s the details (I thought we’d left that bit of paperwork on board - but the hoarder brought it home 😂) it is per person - sounds a lovely cruise but out of our price range 😬

6D8D7215-E75F-4B42-9FD1-88D64E6B6D78.jpeg

Hmm, interesting spelling on China and Korea. Were they legit spellings in some language or it was just consecutive misspellings?