New to Celebrity, Edge or Equinox

CruisesRMe

19 hours ago, CruisesRMe said:

Yes, I did read the Edge has four dining rooms, but I am unsure whether we will be getting concierge class, we are considering the Infinite Balcony rooms only because we will take our elderly father in law who is single and considering giving him the Single Infinite balcony room and we need a room close by to him, he doesn't leave the room unless he is with one of us.  My question, if we only have this IB, how does dining work?  I assume we don't have priority then I be afraid we get stuck with 9pm dining which would be too late for him or 6pm dining would be too early for us, what are our chances in getting dining between 7-8:00pm having this type stateroom?  

The IB works the same as it did for us in a SV cabin - I think it is the same for Concierge too.

We had Freedom / Select Dining which meant that we could eat when we wanted, not fixed dining.

We went on to our cruise personaliser months before the cruise and booked a specific restaurant each evening for 2 people at a set time. We had the choice of the FREE main dining rooms: Cosmopolitan, Tuscan, Cyprus or Normanie.  We tended to book for 8pm but I am 100% sure that there were loads of spaces for 7pm when we booked. When we were on the ship we were able to cancel one dining room one evening via the Celebrity App as we just wanted to go to the buffet. My advice would be just to book them as soon as you can.

We also used the speciality dining areas : FCS and Le Petit Chef.

It was a great system and the 4 free dining rooms were all of a good standard

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:39 PM, CruisesRMe said:

We are new to Celebrity, can you please help us in choosing a cruise, we are thinking of the Edge or the Equinox.  We always have a balcony cabin but never use our balcony...what ship would you choose (itinerary not important to us because we are avid cruisers and been to all the islands many times) and why?

Cruising on a mega ship like the Edge; I would feel more like I'm in a hotel/resort; and not on a ship.  Therefore; we would prefer the Equinox; which we have sailed as well as her sister ship the Silhouette.

I truly appreciate everybody's help and comments, we were not able to get anytime dining, we are on wait list for that and given 8:30pm, do you know which dining room I be eating in?  I do hope the anytime opens so we are able to try each dining room.

2 hours ago, Pickels said:

Cruising on a mega ship like the Edge; I would feel more like I'm in a hotel/resort; and not on a ship.  Therefore; we would prefer the Equinox; which we have sailed as well as her sister ship the Silhouette.

I thought they were a similar size -- to be honest EDGE felt smaller and I certainly would not call EDGE a Mega ship when some companies have ships that carry up to 5,000 passengers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruisesRMe said:

I truly appreciate everybody's help and comments, we were not able to get anytime dining, we are on wait list for that and given 8:30pm, do you know which dining room I be eating in?  I do hope the anytime opens so we are able to try each dining room.

Sorry, don't know, but if it helps we enjoyed all 4. You can have the Celebrity Favourites in all 4, as well as the evening menu (same in all 4). It is just the specialties for that restaurant that are unique to each restaurant and, to be honest, we only found one per restaurant we wanted to try anyway

30 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I thought they were a similar size -- to be honest EDGE felt smaller and I certainly would not call EDGE a Mega ship when some companies have ships that carry up to 5,000 passengers.

Exactly, Edge has room for about 80 more passengers, only a little bit wider and longer and is listed at 129,000 tons while Equinox is at 122,000 tons. We love the Equinox, a classy ship and our favorite.

20 hours ago, Presto2 said:

My apologies to Presto2; my mistake, Edge carries just under 3000 passengers; for some reason, I thought the Edge was a Mega ship.  Thanks for the correction!

• Thanks 1