I know this is a silly question...

Jeffrey1950

1 minute ago, Jeffrey1950 said:

I have a beautiful 3 piece outfit it is a pale yellow color, Consist of Jacket, top and pants with some sequins on it. it is  very nice but I am wondering because of the color would it look out of place in the evening on board Queen Mary 2  ?

Hahah !! Nothing dressy will look out of place on the Queen of the Seas !! Go ahead and sparkle   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jeffrey1950 said:

I have a beautiful 3 piece outfit it is a pale yellow color, Consist of Jacket, top and pants with some sequins on it. it is  very nice but I am wondering because of the color would it look out of place in the evening on board Queen Mary 2  ?

Depends whether you're male or female. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Assuming you are a male, I'd wear the 'Jacket' separate from the complete outfit and team it up with black dress trousers & dress shirt/black bow etc. 

Since Cunard changed the description from 'Formal' to 'Gala'  ( obviously a directive from Cunard's North American office) some folks (  my observations) think it's time to bring down the dressing -up box from the loft .  I've seen some sights recently , from a Victorian chimney sweep ( complete with blacken face & brush) to a Disney character with Micky mouse ears. (both adults in their 50/60's ) 😆

Nothing wrong with coloured jackets, I prefer to wear them for formal evening wear. 

Edited by Bell Boy

12 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

Assuming you are a male, I'd wear the 'Jacket' separate from the complete outfit and team it up with black dress trousers & dress shirt/black bow etc. 

Since Cunard changed the description from 'Formal' to 'Gala'  ( obviously a directive from Cunard's North American office) some folks (  my observations) think it's time to bring down the dressing -up box from the loft .  I've seen some sights recently , from a Victorian chimney sweep ( complete with blacken face & brush) to a Disney character with Micky mouse ears. (both adults in their 50/60's ) 😆

Nothing wrong with coloured jackets, I prefer to wear them for formal evening wear. 

Very much a female. The name Jeffrey is after a family member that passed away.

I’m new to the Cunard board so I can’t specifically answer the question related to this cruise line.

However, I can definitely answer it woman to woman.

There is so much black on cruises, any other colour stands out and is such a refreshing change. Honestly who doesn’t love people watching?

Do the cruising world a favour and wear your yellow with pride and love.

i hope that you’re on my cruise. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2019 at 11:54 PM, The Med said:

I’m new to the Cunard board so I can’t specifically answer the question related to this cruise line.

However, I can definitely answer it woman to woman.

There is so much black on cruises, any other colour stands out and is such a refreshing change. Honestly who doesn’t love people watching?

Do the cruising world a favour and wear your yellow with pride and love.

i hope that you’re on my cruise. 

I totally agree !!! Got back a few weeks ago from the b to b Transatlantic from Southampton  . God the formal ladies   evening ware was like being at a wake !!! Please wear colour !! I did 

Edited by fizzy1
  • Like 1