Granddaughter Freaking Out 9/11

vicky3vicky

5 hours ago, vicky3vicky said:

She is 17, will turn 18 on the cruise. She says she is  okay  with still going but would feel safer if boyfriend could come with us. I told her no, but if she starts to get scared, me and grandpa will hold her hand the entire time. I could feel her blush in embarrassment  at the thought over the phone. I also asked if she still wants to go and she says yes.

UMMMMM...yeah....what does she think her boyfriend would do if terrorists were on the ship LOL

She saw this as the perfect opportunity to play grandma and grandpa for a chance to bring boyfriend along.  

I had assumed from your original post that she was about 9 LOL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You should probably tell her that you have heard how afraid she is and think maybe it's best she not go.  At her age she is well aware of how safe travel is these days and is almost certainly trying to manipulate you.  The best way to put an and to manipulative behavior is to call the teen out on it.  Manipulative teenagers grow up into entitled uncompassionate adults. Best you and her parents nip this issue in the bud.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vicky3vicky said:

She is 17, will turn 18 on the cruise. She says she is  okay  with still going but would feel safer if boyfriend could come with us. I told her no, but if she starts to get scared, me and grandpa will hold her hand the entire time. I could feel her blush in embarrassment  at the thought over the phone. I also asked if she still wants to go and she says yes.

I doubt she's scared, she just wants her boyfriend to go with her. Tell her to stay home if she is that scared. 🙄

Edited by h_blond2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, vicky3vicky said:

This is funny- nice try grand daughter! I read your original post yesterday and was hoping she was scared and would get over it once she got on the ship and started having a good time.  But what is the boyfriend going to do if something happens on the ship? LOL.  Maybe it's a good thing she's a bad liar, she wont be able to get away with much :-) 

• Haha 1