Carnival Pride Deck 8

JRMRT

I was offered an upgrade from a deck 6 balcony to an extend balcony on deck 8. The price difference is minimal. What I'm worried about is moving to a cabin below the lido deck. Can anyone tell me if the noise from above would make this upgrade unbearable? 

Well... another consideration is your view from your balcony.

We had an extended balcony on the Pride and were surprised when we looked down to see the water go by the ship... and what we saw were life boats and not water.  You can see the water past the boats, but I also enjoy watching the water at the ships edge.

I'm sure this matters not to others.

Personally I would stay where you are on deck 6, as I always prefer having a room with other rooms above & below. Learned this the hard way on my first cruise when we had deck chairs slamming around at 3am every night.

Deck 8 on the Pride could be very noisy, 3 pools/sun decks, plus the buffet above you. Although like you said the price difference is minimal, the "extra space" the extended balcony provides is minimal as well. Not worth the risk imo.

I am on the Pride Deck 8 next week. I usually like a cabin on a deck with cabins above and below me. I only booked Deck 8 because I got one of the "bowling alley" balconies.  I have the same cabin but on the Legend next May. i will still have time to change it if the Pride is too noisy.

Karen

We were in cabin 8210 on the Pride over Thanksgiving week.  We could hear what sounded like thunder now and then and that was it for noise.  Found out it was when they rolled carts through the buffet area.  Didn't bother us in the least.  I liked the convenience of running up one deck to grab something and bring it back to the cabin.  

7 hours ago, JRMRT said:

I ended up taking an extended balcony on the 7th deck. Better safe than sorry.

Yeah, we are on deck 7 on our November Pride cruise. I also love the convenience of being really close to Lido, but not at the expense of loud noises above the cabin. We once had a Lido deck cabin (on another ship, can't remember which) and it was SO convenient. BUT, we had cabins above and below us....

• 2 weeks later...

I was on deck 8 last year on the Pride and every morning around 1:30am I awoke to hearing furniture being moved around (deck chairs) for about 45 minutes or so.  I would really look at a deck plan to determine what is directly over your cabin before selecting which one.

Been on the Pride 10 times, we like  decks 5, 6 and 7.  Unless I review the deck plans and can determine what is locate above or below and feel there would be a lot of noise.  I would take a room below Serenity or Spa.