Folding storage boxes for Reflection

shipster60

We leave soon for a cruise on Reflection. I have never been on this ship.  I remember reading on these boards in the past that people take folding storage boxes from the dollar store for storage above the bed. Now I can’t find that information. Can anyone tell me if that works for you, or if you feel it’s helpful. Thanks! 

I am pretty sure four will fit.  In the past we have taken 3 , then I stack shorts in the extra space and had extra space for another. I like to leave my things in the packing cubes, and place most of those in the drawers, but my husband places t-shirts, etc. in the cubes. We each had one of the 5-1/2" or 6" X 11" or 12" on the bed side table, as well.   The full ones for above the bed are about 12X12, but the 11" ones fit better.  I thought the very lightweight nylon or fabric fold-able cubes from ikea or the dollar store were just fine, that way if I didn't have room for them on the way home, I could leave them - so small and light, I always made room. 

There used to be a very precise measurement someone posted several years ago. 

I pack using packing cases.  Fold clothes up, place in pack, close, and place the entire pack in a closet or shelf.   In addition, I wipe all surfaces where I store clothing with disinfecting wipes.  I also wipe down the bathroom.  I have found stuff left by previous guests.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jasm8449 said:

I bring Ikea Pudda folding 'boxes' for the night table shelves.  They lay flat in the suitcase.  Note link below is from the Canadian site:

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/pudda-basket-40343911/

Do those fit?  My small ones which used to fit did not fit on the Equinox.

Four will fit in each side. They are 10 1/2" x 10 1/2" x 11." These were ones we purchased in the Dollar store. They also sell something very similar and a bit sturdier on Amazon (but more expensive.) We find they make that space very organized and usable and easy to access what you want without pulling down everything.

20171129_093121.thumb.jpg.89efbbfa8da068c1617f254f76dcdade.jpg

Edited by Luvcrusn
Addition
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, breezer said:

Luvcrusn,   Thank you so much for posting the measurements and picture.  This is exactly what I was looking for.  Leaving for Equinox in a week.  I'll be making a trip to the Dollar store today.  Thanks again.

You're most welcome. Have a great trip!