Rotterdam Thermal Suites

pete_coach

We are going on a Rotterdam cruise. We are thinking of getting the Thermo Suite for couples package. The "Detail Overview" does not provide much information. I tried to find photos but with not much success.

Is there a hydro pool (hot tub, jacuzzi)? Is there a pool? Do you need to book times or is it walk up?

Any information is welcomed.

Thanks

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

I don’t think it is worth it! We were very disappointed. This was several years ago. 

Denise😊

Ditto. Just got back from the Rotterdam on 09/21. I had high expectations because it was a cooler-weather cruise. I was surprised to find that there was no hydrotherapy pool, and I missed it. The hot tub in the same room as the thermal loungers is not an adequate substitute. I was also surprised to discover that the door leading from the thermal lounger room to the outdoor deck was welded shut.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

The "tub" is small, holds only about 4 people and is really not a traditional hot tub - no jets and not very hot.

Interesting, when I was on it last fall, there were jets in the tub and it was very warm.  I wonder if it has been changed out.

3 hours ago, Petronillus said:

I was also surprised to discover that the door leading from the thermal lounger room to the outdoor deck was welded shut.

Nor was the door welded shut.  I sat out on the deck a couple of evenings star gazing while cooling off from the hot tub.

My perspective, I did enjoy the week long thermal pass and would book it again.  I liked the fact you could see from the hot tub to the thermal loungers and know if any were available and could easily switch between relaxation stations.  On the vista ships, the hydro-pool is in a separate room from the loungers.  You have to keep on going into the thermal lounger room to peek and see if any are available.

4 minutes ago, TrolleyGirl said:

Interesting, when I was on it last fall, there were jets in the tub and it was very warm.  I wonder if it has been changed out.

Nor was the door welded shut.  I sat out on the deck a couple of evenings star gazing while cooling off from the hot tub.

My perspective, I did enjoy the week long thermal pass and would book it again.  I liked the fact you could see from the hot tub to the thermal loungers and know if any were available and could easily switch between relaxation stations.  On the vista ships, the hydro-pool is in a separate room from the loungers.  You have to keep on going into the thermal lounger room to peek and see if any are available.

The separate room for the loungers is a minus. But the hydropool is my favorite part. K'dam has the two areas connected, but people enter the thermal suite through the ceramic lounger area, so you can be all nicely relaxed and then people come in talking at full  volume. (both passengers and staff--who should know better)