Discovery 2 shops

Hi all, 

heading away on the discovery 2 tomorrow and just realised I haven’t packed my bow tie for the tux, I remember a few years back on Destiny they sold bow ties in the on board shops would anyone happen to know if they sell them on Discovery 2?

many thank 

6 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

But if not yes they do sell them, have a good on. Great quartet in the Live room. 

Is this a quieter bar to drink at, ive read some horror stories about discovery 2 this evening, music blaring, crowded bars etc, seems a far cry to what I remember on Destiny, Spirit etc 5 years ago 

We think this is a great bar, it can be loud at times, we were on last two weeks and had the misfortune of some overzealous cruisers but that was the first time in many years, we also loved the Oklahomer lounge on Destiny which is simular to the Venue on D2, also you have the Atrium which is a nice quiet area with entertainment or bar11. The staff and food are upto the normal tui standards and its a lovely theatre. You will have a great time think we were just unfortunate. Any questions just ask. 😎 

20 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

We think this is a great bar, it can be loud at times, we were on last two weeks and had the misfortune of some overzealous cruisers but that was the first time in many years, we also loved the Oklahomer lounge on Destiny which is simular to the Venue on D2, also you have the Atrium which is a nice quiet area with entertainment or bar11. The staff and food are upto the normal tui standards and its a lovely theatre. You will have a great time think we were just unfortunate. Any questions just ask. 😎 

I was mystified why it was called the Klahoma lounge and then after a couple of cruises I realised what the Stetson was, doh!. I liked the Sky Bar and some cruisers said they would not visit it because they were not going to climb up the ladder, double doh!

this is fun

on Discovery I was asked why the whirlpools had canvas roofs, 'to stop you getting wet if it is raining' I replied, 'OK thanks' they replied - honest!

5 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Really! Think you lost me with the ladder. 🍺

The fire escape from the sky bar was a ladder down the front of the exhaust stack, of course it also had its own lifts, stairs and toilets, all of which were never found by a number of passengers

42 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Blakes bar was also a nice place to be for sporting events or just a relaxed atmosphere watching concerts on the wrap around TVs as you say memories. 😊

Yes it was Pensioncruiser.  We need a Blake's Bar on the ships now. Quiet relaxation during the day and some east listening music in the evening.

Does anyone remember the waiter service afternoon teas on the Dream and the Classical Duo who played there ?

2 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Certainly do in Explorers lounge prior to coffee port. Think I'm right. 🤔

Yes Explorers lounge.  It was lovely.  Think the classical duo were from Eastern Europe.  A welcome change from noisy game shows and excessively loud music.

Good suggestion for Sauspud's ideas .  Bye the way he has been very quiet recently.