Nebulizer - any issues bringing onboard?

love2shell

Agree with others— I always just haul it onboard with all my carryon stuff. Never had any issues with HAL, other cruise lines, or even the airlines batting an eye lash with either the machine/tubing or the medication. 

Edited by Dulciana8

49 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

My wife always brings her nebulizer (but never uses it). I put it in a tote bag with my CPAP. The good thing about TSA Precheck, the bag just goes through 🙂

Do they make you take the “motor” part of your CPAP out at security at the airports? Last few years I always have to take that part of my machine out and put in the tray (we have Nexus so was surprised the first time).  

3 hours ago, canadianbear said:

Do they make you take the “motor” part of your CPAP out at security at the airports? Last few years I always have to take that part of my machine out and put in the tray (we have Nexus so was surprised the first time).  

I have Pre-check, and only had to take my CPAP out once. That time the wheelchair I was being pushed in 'flunked' the screening, so everything of mine had to be thoroughly searched. 
Bummer, since the motor part sits at the bottom of the tote---under the facemask and hoses. Had to repack it all. 

20 minutes ago, RuthC said:

I have Pre-check, and only had to take my CPAP out once. That time the wheelchair I was being pushed in 'flunked' the screening, so everything of mine had to be thoroughly searched. 
Bummer, since the motor part sits at the bottom of the tote---under the facemask and hoses. Had to repack it all. 

Weird.  I always have to take the motor part out and put it in tray beside the rest of the machine parts.  Annoying as it slows everything down and then once through screening have to put it back together.  So much for me being a trusted traveler with Nexus!  

If I didn't have pre-check I would have to take it all out. Which is the reason I carry everything.

My last cruise, I flew out of a small airport with no pre-check lane. I had my CPAP, her nebulizer, 2 tablets, a laptop, and a digital camera that all had to come out.

On 10/6/2019 at 10:40 AM, freestyling said:

Depends on the security level. I always have to take by POC out when flying internationally. Very rarely on domestic flights. 

I will be taking my POC on a flight for the first time next spring.   I will have to go through US security and customs as I am leaving from Canada.  How do they deal with a POC that is in use when going through security?  

2 hours ago, darstamp said:

I will be taking my POC on a flight for the first time next spring.   I will have to go through US security and customs as I am leaving from Canada.  How do they deal with a POC that is in use when going through security?  

They asked me if I could go without using for 5 minutes as they put it through the X-ray machine. I could so they extracted it and I was on my way.