LIVE From the Star Princess - Oct 6, 2019 - Seattle-Vancouver

CanadianBurger

On 10/7/2019 at 8:52 PM, mark18068 said:

My wife and I were also onboard. While I felt that the staff were unfamiliar with these overnight cruises (inconsistent distribution of drink vouchers as an example), that they made up for it with a high level of friendliness, humor and smiles - at least compared to others we’ve been on.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the drink voucher did appear in my stateroom. But now scrolling back, I do see I mentioned it...

And agreed, everyone was very friendly, and always had a smile.

Edited by CanadianBurger

I had a ridiculous time trying to get back east after the cruise.

I was originally booked on United Vancouver-San Francisco-Chicago-Buffalo (Where I had driven and parked my car).

The YVR-SFO flight was going to be late, so they booked me through Newark instead of Chicago.

Then it was going to be even later, so they booked me Vancouver-Seattle-Newark-Buffalo. The YVR-SEA flight was Air Canada.

This just keeps going. The Seattle-Newark flight was late, and I would have missed my Buffalo connection, so they routed me through Chicago instead.

We ALMOST boarded the propeller puddle-jumper for the quick trip to Seattle when it was cancelled due to low ceilings in Seattle. (the same reason the SEA-EWR flight was late)

After about 45 minutes on the phone, I was able to get rebooked Vancouver-TORONTO-Chicago-Buffalo...

Since I live in Toronto, but was only going back to Buffalo to get my car, I said "forget it" when I got to Toronto and caught an Uber home. I've got a work trip this week, so I'll just return to Buffalo instead, and retrieve my car.

I got home about 6:30 am, and promptly slept for almost seven hours... Those one-day cruises really take it out of you!

Steve.

Thanks for following along everyone! I’ll bring this short voyage and LIVE From... to a close with a pic of the Star taken by some friends that just got off the Jewel that same morning.

Farewell Star Princess; see you next year for Hawaii.

Steve. 

9BD94E80-3C1D-4BC1-AD7F-AFB044B9159B.jpeg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

Thanks for following along everyone! I’ll bring this short voyage and LIVE From... to a close with a pic of the Star taken by some friends that just got off the Jewel that same morning.

Farewell Star Princess; see you next year for Hawaii.

Steve. 

9BD94E80-3C1D-4BC1-AD7F-AFB044B9159B.jpeg

Wow what an adventure. Thanks for taking the time to document it.  😎

2 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

I was originally booked on United Vancouver-San Francisco-Chicago-Buffalo (Where I had driven and parked my car).

The YVR-SFO flight was going to be late, so they booked me through Newark instead of Chicago.

Then it was going to be even later, so they booked me Vancouver-Seattle-Newark-Buffalo. The YVR-SEA flight was Air Canada.

This just keeps going. The Seattle-Newark flight was late, and I would have missed my Buffalo connection, so they routed me through Chicago instead.

We ALMOST boarded the propeller puddle-jumper for the quick trip to Seattle when it was cancelled due to low ceilings in Seattle. (the same reason the SEA-EWR flight was late)

After about 45 minutes on the phone, I was able to get rebooked Vancouver-TORONTO-Chicago-Buffalo...

Since I live in Toronto, but was only going back to Buffalo to get my car, I said "forget it" when I got to Toronto and caught an Uber home. I've got a work trip this week, so I'll just return to Buffalo instead, and retrieve my car.

I got home about 6:30 am, and promptly slept for almost seven hours... Those one-day cruises really take it out of you!

Steve.

What a trek! I’m sorry you had so much trouble.  Thanks for sharing your adventure.  

P.S. you didn’t miss anything on the Air Canada flight to Seattle.  I made that trek once, never again! The walk at both terminals was horrendous and I think the train would have been faster!

19 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

Steve.

OK, I must have missed something along the line ... you flew all that way for a 1 day cruise ???

• 1 month later...

Things sure have changed at the Museum of Flight since I was there last.  SAM 970 and the Concorde were both outside along with a B-47, the original 707,and a restoration in progress B-29.  I always found it interesting that LBJ went to Dallas on SAM 970 but flew back to Washington on SAM 26000 as President.

We were on this cruise. A nice trip, but we only traveled from Vancouver, and I still thought it was too far for a one day.

We made it into the MDR for lunch. The food was very good. We had not realized that people were turned away. 

Overall, we enjoyed the cruise, but it is a lot of travel for one day. You are indeed crazy to travel that far for one.

Really nice Live From.