won at bingo, now what

mazsa

We won a 5 day free cruise playing bingo on the Pride the week of September 8th and it has to be used in 6 months.  We tried to get it extended twice, but that was shot down both times.  The only available time we have is Christmas week, especially with my husband working for a school district.  After calling today, I was told there wasn't any availability for the cruise we chose out of South Carolina on 12/23.  I tried to call again wanting them to give me ANY available cruises on Christmas week and I was put on hold, then it went to ringing for over 5 minutes, so I hung up.   I'm hoping we don't have to waste this prize they gave us, any help as to what to do now?

Have you looked online at the Carnival website?  

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-search/#?datFrom=122019&layout=grid&numAdults=2&pageNumber=1&pageSize=8&showBest=true&sort=fromprice&useSuggestions=true

These seem to fit your timeframe:

4 day - BAJA MEXICO FROM LONG BEACH (LOS ANGELES), CA - CARNIVAL IMAGINATION

3 day - BAJA MEXICO FROM LONG BEACH (LOS ANGELES), CA - CARNIVAL IMAGINATION

4 day - BAJA MEXICO FROM LONG BEACH (LOS ANGELES), CA - CARNIVAL INSPIRATION

3 day - BAJA MEXICO FROM LONG BEACH (LOS ANGELES), CA - CARNIVAL INSPIRATION

3 day - THE BAHAMAS FROM MIAMI, FL - CARNIVAL VICTORY

5 day - THE BAHAMAS FROM JACKSONVILLE, FL - CARNIVAL ECSTASY

4 day - WESTERN CARIBBEAN FROM MIAMI, FL - CARNIVAL VICTORY
4 day - WESTERN CARIBBEAN FROM MIAMI, FL - CARNIVAL SENSATION
3 day - THE BAHAMAS FROM PORT CANAVERAL (ORLANDO), FL - CARNIVAL LIBERTY

5 day - WESTERN CARIBBEAN FROM MOBILE, AL - CARNIVAL FANTASY

5 day - WESTERN CARIBBEAN FROM NEW ORLEANS, LA - CARNIVAL VALOR
4 day - THE BAHAMAS FROM JACKSONVILLE, FL - CARNIVAL ECSTASY

4 day - WESTERN CARIBBEAN FROM TAMPA, FL - CARNIVAL PARADISE
5 day - EASTERN CARIBBEAN FROM PORT CANAVERAL (ORLANDO), FL - CARNIVAL ELATION

• Like 1

Hi,

Does the cruise need to be taken in that time or just booked? If you book it and use the certificate that might count even if the cruise isn't until next year.

I am not sure of the rules but just throwing this out there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HillBilly Bob said:

You won a gift with conditions.   Sounds like you will have to meet their terms or forfeit.   Holiday, i.e. Christmas cruises probably have been sold out years in advance. 

LOL...years in advance...they don't even put them out until under 2 years from sailling

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mazsa said:

We won a 5 day free cruise playing bingo on the Pride the week of September 8th and it has to be used in 6 months.  We tried to get it extended twice, but that was shot down both times.  The only available time we have is Christmas week, especially with my husband working for a school district.  After calling today, I was told there wasn't any availability for the cruise we chose out of South Carolina on 12/23.  I tried to call again wanting them to give me ANY available cruises on Christmas week and I was put on hold, then it went to ringing for over 5 minutes, so I hung up.   I'm hoping we don't have to waste this prize they gave us, any help as to what to do now?

As someone else suggested, look online for what is available, then call to book it with your certificate.

Or, go at a time that you and a friend or relative can go, and offer the husband another time to book something together.

8 minutes ago, bingomamma19 said:

As someone else suggested, look online for what is available, then call to book it with your certificate.

Or, go at a time that you and a friend or relative can go, and offer the husband another time to book something together.

Girls trip!  My favorite!!!

• Thanks 1