Coco Cay Water Park Questions

SF

I believe there are 2 tube rides at the waterpark. I know one of them is called the slingshot and I've seen a video of that one but what is the twister?

Do they have lockers where you can put your personal stuff?

On 10/10/2019 at 1:22 PM, Beagle Rancher said:

The lockers are all over the island and are free

Hmm, they used to be a charge.  But you rented a locker for the day, but could move from location to location. 

I cant remember the name of the blue tube slide but you could go down in a double tube or as a single rider. You needed to carry your tube up the stairs. For the slingshot (yellow tube) the tubes were already there at the top.  

5 hours ago, SF said:

It still shows a charge for the lockers on the website. Guess we'll find out when we get there.

It was free when I was there in August. Not really sure how they would implement a charge.

The locker is a keypad. You just enter a pin and hit lock. Same idea as the room safe.

7 hours ago, SF said:

Glad to know they're free. Are they located in the water park as well as outside of it?

Yes. The ones in the waterpark are right by the entrance. It's also where they hand out coupons for the tallest slide until around 9:15 AM (to reduce lines).

On 10/12/2019 at 3:55 PM, ryguy2008 said:

It was free when I was there in August. Not really sure how they would implement a charge.

The locker is a keypad. You just enter a pin and hit lock. Same idea as the room safe.

Last time we were there (Aug 2018), you paid and got a wrist band that locked and unlocked.

It was not keyed to any specific locker.  Pick one, lock it, then your band would unlock it.  Then you could move to a different open one, in any area.

29 minutes ago, SRF said:

Last time we were there (Aug 2018), you paid and got a wrist band that locked and unlocked.

It was not keyed to any specific locker.  Pick one, lock it, then your band would unlock it.  Then you could move to a different open one, in any area.

Interesting. So that was before the major renovation. 

Either way, I doubt they will be re introducing that charge. 

When we were there Oct 5th

Twister is a tube ride for single or double tube which you carry up

Slingshot is a tube ride (they did not allow single riders) which the large pink tube is already at the top for you

Splash speedway you lay down on mats that you carry up and you can race against 3 other people.

We went early (8:15/8:30) and the crowds were minimal so we were able to ride with almost no wait. It is quite a walk up stairs to the top (nothing like the walk to daredevils peak) It did get busier in the afternoon.

There were lockers to the right after entrance to the water park but we did not use them so I can't tell you if they were free.