Houston area hotel

We will be flying into IAH the night before our cruise. We do not land until 8:30 pm local time. I am looking for hotel recommendations between IAH and Galveston that are within walking distance and walkably SAFE to a sit down restaurants that will still be open late night (we will be with teens, so generic chain restaurants preferred, but open to all options)

We will Uber to the hotel and then again in the morning to Galveston cruise port

The Houston area is HUGE. It is not a walking place. My suggestion is eat at one of the restaurants in the airport found before you leave the secure area, pick-up your luggage and go to a hotel near the airport that has transportation from the airport, or stay at the Marriott at the airport proper. It is still a 90 minute trip from IAH to the port in Galveston.

This website will tell you about all the restaurants at the airport - https://www.fly2houston.com/

At that hour, I would pick an airport hotel. By the time you get your luggage and are out of the airport, it will be 9:30 or so. Add in time to get to a hotel, which would probably need to be downtown to be "walking distance", it will be closer to 10:00.

• 1 month later...

I would check out the Marriott at the IAH between terminals 2 and 3. They have an onsite restaurant. We stay there when we have an early flight out of IAH. You can grab your bags and take the underground tram to the hotel.