Celebrity Sky Suite Perks on Reflection

lisamarieh

My husband and I are comparing several cruise lines for a last minute cruise for this December. I know that MSC and NCL have private areas for guests that pay for the Yacht Club or the Haven. Are there any areas on the Reflection that are exclusive to Suite guests besides the private restaurant? We love mingling with people but it is also nice to have an area that is less crowded and much quieter. We are looking at an 11 night cruise and I am trying to justify the cost versus the other cruise lines. 

15 minutes ago, lisamarieh said:

Is there a private pool or sun deck?

There is not at the moment. A private sundeck area will be added when Reflection has its renovation in February 2023. Currently it just has Michael's Club (lounge) and Luminae (restaurant). Equinox, which is similar to Reflection has had its renovation and has a private sun deck but it only has a hot tub and no pool due to a lack of space.

If you want something more like what is on MSC or NCL I would suggest looking at the Celebrity Edge. Edge is the newest ship and was built with these areas. It has The Retreat (private lounge), The Retreat Pool Deck (includes a pool/hot tub/bar and lounging areas) in addition to Luminae. While the ship is not for everyone, we thought the overall suite experience was better on Edge than the other ships. It really just depends on what you are looking for.

Edited by prim8keeper
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, prim8keeper said:

There is not at the moment. A private sundeck area will be added when Reflection has its renovation in February 2023. Currently it just has Michael's Club (lounge) and Luminae (restaurant). Equinox, which is similar to Reflection has had its renovation and has a private sun deck but it only has a hot tub and no pool due to a lack of space.

If you want something more like what is on MSC or NCL I would suggest looking at the Celebrity Edge. Edge is the newest ship and was built with these areas. It has The Retreat (private lounge), The Retreat Pool Deck (includes a pool/hot tub/bar and lounging areas) in addition to Luminae. While the ship is not for everyone, we thought the overall suite experience was better on Edge than the other ships. It really just depends on what you are looking for.

Thank you for your info!! The reasons I looked at Reflection are it offers 11 nights instead of 7, the 12/9/19 sailing goes to the ABC islands and our anniversary is in December. We try to do an anniversary/ Christmas cruise every year. My hubby told me I could pick whatever cruise I wanted this year so I am considering several different lines, we have only been on Celebrity once (not in a suite) and we loved it! We just appreciate getting away from the crowds for some quiet, relaxing time.

3 minutes ago, lisamarieh said:

Thank you for your info!! The reasons I looked at Reflection are it offers 11 nights instead of 7, the 12/9/19 sailing goes to the ABC islands and our anniversary is in December. We try to do an anniversary/ Christmas cruise every year. My hubby told me I could pick whatever cruise I wanted this year so I am considering several different lines, we have only been on Celebrity once (not in a suite) and we loved it! We just appreciate getting away from the crowds for some quiet, relaxing time.

You can never go wrong with a sailing to the ABC's! Celebrity, IMO still delivers a strong suite product even without the private pool deck, but like I said, it boils down to what you are looking for. We don't spend a lot of time in the sun so to us that isn't as important, but I understand why it is to so many.

Luminae is a fantastic restaurant. We don't even bother eating in the specialty restaurants anymore and they will do whatever they can to make sure you have a great trip. The butlers on X are also always trying to go out of their way to do things for you. We spent Valentines day on board this year and I think we ended up with at least four bottles of champagne in our room through out the cruise as our butler kept insisting we had to celebrate...lol.

Michael's Club is what we use to get away from the crowds for a quiet drink. While people tend to use it the first and last day in addition to the night of the officers party we have found that during the cruise it is rather empty. They also do after tea there in the afternoon with snacks.

We have also looked at MSC, but X has kept us happy so we have yet to venture away. That said I will warn you that once you book a suite it can be hard to go back. Hopefully no matter what you choose you'll have a great cruise/anniversary!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, lisamarieh said:

Once you start in suites it is difficult to go back to a regular cabin.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

Once you start in suites it is difficult to go back to a regular cabin.

You are so right! We were on a 5 night cruise last month on Carnival Paradise. We normally don’t like Carnival but due to the cancellations that resulted from Cuba being removed from the itinerary, Carnival offered the cruise for $50 per person plus taxes and port charges. We jumped on it but we had an ocean view room. It was ok but we certainly missed the suites we have booked in the past. For the price though, we couldn’t turn it down!

Your cabin or balcony????? 🤔🙄

When In a Suite we enjoy both and use our Butler.  They are always willing to accommodate you within reason for drinks and eats.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

5 hours ago, lisamarieh said:

Its before your anniv date but we leave Nov 25th on EDGE for the  9 night ABC itin

EDGE is an amazing ship....This will be our  second EDGE cruise and we chose a Sunset Veranda with the 4 mdr plan. 

EDGE   AQ Class with BLU is  another option but will be in an Infinite Veranda..not a true balcony but very nice,

Edited by hcat