Little French Key need menu & recent review of facility

fedexretiree

I am thinking about booking LFK for the day in Roatan and am trying to decide about the all inclusive package that offers 2 drinks and lunch plate or a pay as you go for drinks and food.

I am wanting to get a menu with prices if possible. (my husband is a picky eater and if the AI isn't his cup of tea we will have wasted the money on food)

Also any recent visits there that anyone can report on would be helpful as well.

We were there just this last week.

This was our second time. The first was about six years ago.

It is as beautiful as ever. Almost all the animals are gone. Everything is built up, almost too much. 

We we had a good day but it’s not like it used to be. There was myself, wife and two teenage kids. 

We we have read the attached link and found it interesting. 

Based on our last visit we probably won’t go again. We were on Carnival and for the same money they offer a tour on Big French Key which is really the same las LFK. We actually swam over and walked around. 

We we will probably just go to the free beach. It looked great and was not that crowded. For what it cost we’d save the $$.

I don't think they publish a menu on line. When DW and SIL went several  years back, it was one set offering with some choices on protein. There wasn't even a pizza place, where I read some older post that they charged $12-18 for a small  individual  pizza.  I think beers are $5 but cocktails are expensive. 

On 10/20/2019 at 3:14 PM, nydney1 said:

We were there just this last week.

This was our second time. The first was about six years ago.

It is as beautiful as ever. Almost all the animals are gone. Everything is built up, almost too much. 

We we had a good day but it’s not like it used to be. There was myself, wife and two teenage kids. 

We we have read the attached link and found it interesting. 

Based on our last visit we probably won’t go again. We were on Carnival and for the same money they offer a tour on Big French Key which is really the same las LFK. We actually swam over and walked around. 

We we will probably just go to the free beach. It looked great and was not that crowded. For what it cost we’d save the $$.

who is running LFK now?

Also we tried to book BFK through Royal but the excursion seems to have been removed. Not sure what is going on in that area.

Edited by c-leg5

On 10/22/2019 at 10:23 AM, Nashna said:

Wow.  I would not give one penny to that horrible owner.  I am certainly crossing LFK off my Roatan options.

I cancelled after reading about it on this thread.  Horrible owner

• 2 weeks later...