NCL Bliss Table Seating

rhinomike

We will be on the Bliss sailing Alaska in about 6 months. Our group grew to 13 of us and we would all like to sit at one table. We would prefer a round table but will do a long table if necessary. I know most ships have round tables for 12. I’m hoping the Bliss has a round table for 14 we could use. Does anyone know the seating on the largest size round table they have on the Bliss?  If it is 12 will they let us squeeze 13 in?  What about a rectangular table. Can they seat 13?  Thank you. 

I have sat at tables for 14 and 15 on the Bliss which are always  tables of 4 and 6 tables put together. I would advice you to see the hostess early and tell them what nights and times you like for your group. The hostess will refer you to the her supervisor to make the arrangement.

5 hours ago, rhinomike said:

We will be on the Bliss sailing Alaska in about 6 months. Our group grew to 13 of us and we would all like to sit at one table. We would prefer a round table but will do a long table if necessary. I know most ships have round tables for 12. I’m hoping the Bliss has a round table for 14 we could use. Does anyone know the seating on the largest size round table they have on the Bliss?  If it is 12 will they let us squeeze 13 in?  What about a rectangular table. Can they seat 13?  Thank you. 

NCL is all about freestyle individual dining (not group dining). And even if you have a group, you'll find that one or two group dinners is about all you'll successfully schedule. There are so many different dining and entertainment options, people will not want to get stuck with the group for the entire cruise and feel that they have really missed out on all the ship has to offer. 

That being said, there are no large round tables. There are 6-top rounds. Many 2- and 4-top rectangular. And a section with some long sets of rectangular tables that can be reconfigured for a group of 13 (six 2-tops with a poor person stuck on the end). First picture below.

image.thumb.png.1467d3169dab82ea03f1319aa5ac5f30.png

image.thumb.png.ca330652f377a48f893c23505f58e385.png

image.thumb.png.c15b0066dc35a34d102bbd9d8491ddb8.png

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL is all about freestyle individual dining (not group dining). And even if you have a group, you'll find that one or two group dinners is about all you'll successfully schedule. There are so many different dining and entertainment options, people will not want to get stuck with the group for the entire cruise and feel that they have really missed out on all the ship has to offer. 

That being said, there are no large round tables. There are 6-top rounds. Many 2- and 4-top rectangular. And a section with some long sets of rectangular tables that can be reconfigured for a group of 13 (six 2-tops with a poor person stuck on the end). First picture below.

image.thumb.png.1467d3169dab82ea03f1319aa5ac5f30.png

image.thumb.png.ca330652f377a48f893c23505f58e385.png

image.thumb.png.c15b0066dc35a34d102bbd9d8491ddb8.png

Thank you for the response.  I appreciate it. 

10 hours ago, waterjock said:

I have sat at tables for 14 and 15 on the Bliss which are always  tables of 4 and 6 tables put together. I would advice you to see the hostess early and tell them what nights and times you like for your group. The hostess will refer you to the her supervisor to make the arrangement.

Perfect. Thank you. 

15 hours ago, rhinomike said:

If you want to all sit together you must make a reservation and you'll have to call if you want to make a reservation that large. I went with a group of 16 once and after waiting around 15 minutes we were only seated then because we agreed to be split into two groups of 8. 

Due to their freestyle dining and having no tables that fit more than 6 like mentioned above, they have to have a lot of tables empty together to seat a group. 8 is the max I've found where it's not much of a wait if you walk right up. Anymore than that and you're usually having to wait for people to finish their meals in order to have enough tables to sit together more than 8.

And just my opinion but anymore than 6 at a table and you're really only talking to half the people since the tables get so large. Might be better just randomly splitting into two groups each night. 

I sailed the bliss in June with a group of 13. Around the time that booking opened for dining reservations, we were Advised to email our dining requests to specialeventsbliss@ncl.com. I sent them our reservation numbers along with our dining location and time requests. It took a few weeks but they finally emailed us back and everything was arranged with no problem. Our confirmation indicated that due to our large group size that we might have to be split into tables near each other, but that was not the case once we got on board. When I got to my room,I had a letter reminding me of all the reservations for our group waiting for me.

Most of the big groups are assigned the Manhattan dining room if they want MDR because they have room for lots of long tables. 13 was not a problem. However, our meal took forever and we traded our Manhattan reservations for Taste or Savor; they did a much better job with our large group.  Teppenyaki- obviously you can’t squeeze 13 into a table for 8. But we had group table seating at Cagney's and Q. We were always seated at rectangular tables and so were all the other big groups I saw. 

Have a great cruise!