Kuala Lumpur shuttle service?

April005

Yes, we have two Seabourn cruises booked! Neophyte Cruisers,  and first time on Seabourn. 

Our ports of call in Arabia/Asia have changed and we now have a day in Kuala Lumpur. From my reading the ship will be docked a long way ( estimates of 1 to 1 1/2 hours, bad traffic) from KL. In this situation will Seabourn provide a shuttle of some kind? Will the shuttle return to the ship several times during the day, or will it be one set time in and out? Has anyone used a taxi at the dock for transportation/ tour of KL? Thank you.

The last time we docked at Port Klang there was only a shuttle to a local shopping center. So if you want to visit KL you will probably want to book a tour with Seabourn or independently. (I have no idea about taxi service.)

Happy and healthy sailing!

markham is correct. The shuttle service is only to a shopping mall. Which is a reasonable size over 3 levels. Last time we went a few years ago there were clothing, footwear, cafes etc but nothing high end. 

I have done " Kuala Lumpur on your own tour"  with Seabourn which ended up getting back late to the ship because of traffic issues. I know of others who have caught taxis from the port but prices are set. As the ship is due to leave at 3pm I would be giving myself a 2 hour traffic buffer to get back in time if you decide to risk catching a taxi tour in.

Unlikely to be a shuttle into KL, infact I'll be as bold as to say it's not going to happen. The best plan for a port like KL (or Bangkok when docked at Lab Chaem) is to take whatever ship's tour runs to KL for 'time on your own' which can be fairly cheap, the one where they drop you off and pick you up 5 hours later. At least as long as you make it back to the bus, the ship will wait for you. KL traffic can be dreadful. 

Only because you seem to have a very early departure from port klang, I would recommend something that involves the ships transport into KL.

As everybody here seems to agree, transport in KL is often very bad, and you are likely to encounter rush-hour going INTO town. 

Taxis,  by law, must use meters, but if course they will identify you as tourists and try to screw you with all sorts of stories or special charges.

On 10/17/2019 at 7:08 AM, April005 said:

Yes, we have two Seabourn cruises booked! Neophyte Cruisers,  and first time on Seabourn. 

Our ports of call in Arabia/Asia have changed and we now have a day in Kuala Lumpur. From my reading the ship will be docked a long way ( estimates of 1 to 1 1/2 hours, bad traffic) from KL. In this situation will Seabourn provide a shuttle of some kind? Will the shuttle return to the ship several times during the day, or will it be one set time in and out? Has anyone used a taxi at the dock for transportation/ tour of KL? Thank you.

Hi April005, are you on the December 2 Ovation sailing? I notice you’re a fellow Vancouverite and there will be six of us on that sailing.