TK vs The Restaurant

islandchick

On 10/28/2019 at 5:29 PM, raphael360 said:

B:  did you want to know the specific grade of beef SB purchases in a specific country at a specific Time of provisioning?

Hi Raphael -

Will take you up on your kind offer.  We just boarded Sojourn in Miami, and debating "waiting" for great steak at TK Grill.  Any recommendations?  

• 3 weeks later...

Now that I am back from my cruise I can give some feedback. The beef tenderloin (aka filet mignon) from the dining room was the worst I have ever had on a cruise. Tough and flavorless.   On the other hand, the true ribeye (a TK item served in the main dining room) was fabulous.

On 12/30/2019 at 12:28 PM, islandchick said:

Now that I am back from my cruise I can give some feedback. The beef tenderloin (aka filet mignon) from the dining room was the worst I have ever had on a cruise. Tough and flavorless.   On the other hand, the true ribeye (a TK item served in the main dining room) was fabulous.

I've had the ribeye in the MDR and agree that it was fabulous.  I'm not a filet mignon fan, so can't comment there.  

Last cruise, my husband and I shared the lobster thermidor as an appetizer and then had the rib eye with bearnaise. Wines were great, too.   And then we waddled back to our cabin. Probable 5000 calorie dinner, but worth it.  

Linda

My opinion for what it's worth is that the quality is generally good in both venues,  but I do think it is the ambiance that is different. TK is intimate and more personal with more of a tableside service style compared to a larger elegant open plan restaurant. You may prefer the beef in one over the other but I do find that a steak can be superb one day and a disappointment the next day in the same restaurant. If you are a steak fan I sometimes ask for a special request Chateaubriand, I really do enjoy how they do it in the MDR.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 9:21 PM, SLSD said:

The best steak I've ever had on a Seabourn cruise was a Rib Eye steak in the Main Dining Room.  I did not see that particular steak on the menu on our last SB cruise, but could have missed it on a night we did not dine there.  

The Dover Sole at TK is exceptional.    

• Like 1