Desserts

no fuss travel

Has anyone else noticed that on most nights for those who do not like ice cream and are allergic to nuts, there is an extremely limited selection of desserts.  One does get tired of fruit for dessert.  All cheese cakes now have nuts in their base and many desserts that used to be nut free are no longer so.

5 minutes ago, no fuss travel said:

Has anyone else noticed that on most nights for those who do not like ice cream and are allergic to nuts, there is an extremely limited selection of desserts.  One does get tired of fruit for dessert.  All cheese cakes now have nuts in their base and many desserts that used to be nut free are no longer so.

As is done for other dietary restrictions in general, get advanced notice of your nut allergy to the exec pastry chef. Since they bake multiple times per day (I've heard five?), something special may be waiting for you.

You can  always  have a note put on your file  that you have a nut allergy   they will try to accommodate you

It may not just be in the desserts  so do have it noted & check with the Maitre'd  when you board

On 10/20/2019 at 4:55 PM, no fuss travel said:

So is this no longer representative?

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/81604382388/Grand-Dining-Dessert-Menu.pdf/

Well, desserts (as other dishes in the GDR) used to change nightly.  The entire menus would shift over every 2 weeks or so, although on shorter cruises perhaps they went back to Day 1 on the NEW Day 1.

So just because that particular menu was available on one day does not mean that it was available every day.

My absolute favorite GDR dessert is the Profiteroles, with the -- oh heck, I'm forgetting the name but this one is available in all restaurants and is a classic flambeed pudding -- as a close second.

I've never seen the Profiteroles in the specialties myself although the one I'm blanking on has been in all of them, I think.  Maybe not in Red Ginger!

Of course, with the change in menus dating back to last year which repeat courses more often, who knows?

Mura

• Like 1