Bringing Extra Wine Aboard

IsanTom

2 hours ago, IsanTom said:

Thanks. I think I will bring 8 additional bottles rather than purchase on board.

We do the same, I bought a wine stroller, it can hold up to 12 bottles, similar to this https://www.amazon.com/LEGACY-Insulated-12-Bottle-Integrated-Trolley/dp/B004RCE6BQ/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=wine+luggage+on+wheels&qid=1571669092&sr=8-2

Ours is a little flimsy, but it does the trick to carry on.  Then we just stop at the wine table, give them our cabin number, number or bottles, and they give us stickers for the bottles we paid.  They write it all down on a book and we get charged to our on board account. Super easy. 

13 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

We do the same, I bought a wine stroller, it can hold up to 12 bottles, similar to this https://www.amazon.com/LEGACY-Insulated-12-Bottle-Integrated-Trolley/dp/B004RCE6BQ/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=wine+luggage+on+wheels&qid=1571669092&sr=8-2

Ours is a little flimsy, but it does the trick to carry on.  Then we just stop at the wine table, give them our cabin number, number or bottles, and they give us stickers for the bottles we paid.  They write it all down on a book and we get charged to our on board account. Super easy. 

We used this trolley on our Star cruise last year. Worked great.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, registrar said:

Where is the wine table located to get stickers?

Do they keep the bottles?

Usually it is just past security.  In fact, the security person pointed and directed us to the table.  So they were waiting for us when we got there. There have been times that people have not been at the table and we had to pay in the dining room. 

They do not keep the bottles. You take them on board. 

Edited by jennybenny

2 hours ago, exgman said:

When we rolled our wine onboard last year we went all the way to our cabin and didn’t see anywhere to pay our corkage. We ended up going back down to the front desk and taking care of the fees.

The wine table isn't always staffed if you are among the first entering the terminal.  You can either go back and see them later while waiting for boarding to begin, or you can visit Passenger Services, or you can just wait until bring to dinner and your waiter will write up a chit for the $15.  And maybe after a few bottles, they won't charge you for them all.  Who knows?  I took two cases on a 60-night cruise (used a collapsible small dolly and that was about all I wanted to manage bringing on).  I was bringing a lot of stickered bottles to the DR.  Also brought remains of the free ones that had been opened in the cabin and no charge.

7 hours ago, registrar said:

Where is the wine table located to get stickers?

Do they keep the bottles?

Depends how you bring it on board.  We bring it by the case and check it with our luggage.  Either we go to the "naughty room" to pay all the corkage or pay it in the MDR every time you bring a bottle.

Edited by KevintheIrishDJ