Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
mcatmcat

Is the Odyssey of the Seas popular?

Recommended Posts

Hi

I was looking at 2020 when my friend told me about the Odyssey a new brand ship sailing from Florida ( I though they were repositioning it  from New York or Asia sailing from FL in the future). I booked the 6 night and prices seem reasonable if you take in consideration that this is a brand new ship so here is my question. Do you think Odyssey is or will be a popular ship? I remember that prices for the Symphony were high when they first sailed from Miami but Oddyssey is not that bad. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mcatmcat said:

Hi

I was looking at 2020 when my friend told me about the Odyssey a new brand ship sailing from Florida ( I though they were repositioning it  from New York or Asia sailing from FL in the future). I booked the 6 night and prices seem reasonable if you take in consideration that this is a brand new ship so here is my question. Do you think Odyssey is or will be a popular ship? I remember that prices for the Symphony were high when they first sailed from Miami but Oddyssey is not that bad. 

 

I think it will. The first Quantum Ultra class ship in the fleet sailing in the US. People who've cruised Quantum class ships will want to check out the "hype" in the differences between the two.

Edited by jbethel11
Not sub-classes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My friends who sailed on the Spectrum LOVED it, and that one was furnished for the Asian market.

 

I think that Odyssey will be a "hit".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

Hi

I was looking at 2020 when my friend told me about the Odyssey a new brand ship sailing from Florida ( I though they were repositioning it  from New York or Asia sailing from FL in the future). I booked the 6 night and prices seem reasonable if you take in consideration that this is a brand new ship so here is my question. Do you think Odyssey is or will be a popular ship? I remember that prices for the Symphony were high when they first sailed from Miami but Oddyssey is not that bad. 

 

 

It seems that any "new" ship commands a higher price for a year or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

I think it will. The first Quantum Ultra class ship in the fleet sailing in the US. People who've cruised Quantum class ships will want to check out the "hype" in the differences between the two.

 

What is the difference between the "regular" Quantum class and the "Ultra"?  Everything I read about the Ultra sounds just like the regular Quantum: NorthStar,  I-Fly,  SeaPlex, 270 Lounge, etc.

 

About the only differences I see is a few family suites with an in-room slide, the Skypad (if its even operational) and maybe a few different dining venues which is not unusual within ships of the same class.

 

What am I missing?

 

At least there are some significant differences that separate the Freedom-class from the similar but smaller Voyager-class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

 

What am I missing?

The MDR is very different. A few more cabins. And the biggest one, RCI marketing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be my first one that I book not being couple years old.  I agree I thought the prices was not that bad for being a new ship.  I am looking forward to trying Quantum class.  I did get the corner aft spacious ocean view so will be curious how big it is going to be looks huge.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 7:03 PM, Biker19 said:

The MDR is very different. A few more cabins. And the biggest one, RCI marketing. 

 

Is that just because of DD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...