Wine Bottle Packages

mr_bad_example

We are frequent Celebrity cruisers taking our first Azamara cruise in November.

Azamara offers two wine bottle packages - one with a $50.00 per bottle limit and one with a $75.00 per bottle limit.  If we wish to purchase a bottle of wine that costs more than the package limit, let's say a $100.00 bottle, do we simply pay the difference of $25.00 or $50.00 like we do on Celebrity?

Thanks in advance!

It seems we do things differently than your other line. You cannot Buy Up from the package and pay the difference.  The package you choose allows you to choose from a selection of wines.   

If you choose to buy a bottle outside of the selection of wines in your package, then it is considered a purchase outside of the package and would be full retail.

3 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

You’re welcome. 

P.s. your handle and profile picture make me smile. 😋 

Welcome to the Azamara family!

Glad I was able to make you smile!  Cruising, wine, cigars, new friends, and helping those in need do that for me; so many things in this world today try to take away our happiness!  I refuse to let that happen!

Thank you for the warm welcome.  Katherine and I look forward to our first 17 night Azamara adventure!

• Like 3

On 10/22/2019 at 4:10 PM, mr_bad_example said:

We are frequent Celebrity cruisers taking our first Azamara cruise in November.

Azamara offers two wine bottle packages - one with a $50.00 per bottle limit and one with a $75.00 per bottle limit.  If we wish to purchase a bottle of wine that costs more than the package limit, let's say a $100.00 bottle, do we simply pay the difference of $25.00 or $50.00 like we do on Celebrity?

Thanks in advance!

Be very careful buying the wine packages. Wait until you are on your cruise and Ask to see the wine list selection which is very different and much less variety than the one they show on the website. We are not fans of the included wines for dinner and we were going to buy the up to $75 package but very few available between 50 and 75 with most of what we wanted was at $35, $55 or $80!! The wine list prices did not align well at all with the package pricing.We ended up just buying by the bottle each dinner (10) and saved money over the packages. It was the only complaint I documented in the survey at the end of an otherwise great cruise.

1 hour ago, mr_bad_example said:

Jimmycruiser, thank you for your response.  We will wait until we are aboard to make any decisions, if we are unable to buy what we want in Lisbon.

Sometimes they have sales on bin ends which can be very good value, ask the sommelier and you may get lucky.

On 10/23/2019 at 6:25 PM, BBMacLaird said:

It seems we do things differently than your other line. You cannot Buy Up from the package and pay the difference.  The package you choose allows you to choose from a selection of wines.   

If you choose to buy a bottle outside of the selection of wines in your package, then it is considered a purchase outside of the package and would be full retail.

Would you happen to have any wine lists? Red wine that can be purchased by the bottle, with or without a package.