Holland Cabana rental prices

fefe

1 hour ago, sevenseasnomad said:

So sorry.  That's not what you asked for.  That page links to retreat cabanas on the ships.  Current price on regular cabana for two people is $449.95.  You can book through HAL excursions for the day you'll be at HMC.  Hope this helps.

I booked early and got it for $299.95!

9 hours ago, fefe said:

I looked on the private island pages but couldn’t find any mention of prices to rent a cabana on Half Moon Cay sailing with Holland. Does anyone have current prices? Thanks!

You'll have to go into the "Manage My Booking" portion of your online account at HAL, then excursions.  You'll find the prices there.  They do seem to have increased the prices for the cabanas; for a cruise last January we paid $300 for a cabana for 4 (the previous November) and this year, even early, they want the $450 price online.

• Like 1

On the cruise we have coming up in early January 2020, the cabanas are now priced at $399.95 each and there are still 7 left 64 days away from sailing.

On the cruise we have booked for early December 2020, the price is $349.95 and all cabanas are open.

We ordered ours asap for this January 2020 cruise. It's price back in February was $299.95.

edit: Butler service still seems to be the same $270 on both cruises.

Edited by fatcat04

17 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

What is this about a charge for "Butler Service"?

I haven't heard about this on HAL, although we've had that on other cruise lines.

Thanks.

GC

It's an add on available if you rent a cabana on Half Moon Cay.  

On the HAL website:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/shore-excursions/1010000/butler-service-upgrade-package-for-private-cabana.html

~Nancy

On 11/1/2019 at 8:32 AM, GeezerCouple said:

What is this about a charge for "Butler Service"?

I haven't heard about this on HAL, although we've had that on other cruise lines.

Thanks.

GC

It is very pampering. 

Your butler, who I think is still from the Pinnacle Grill staff, meets you onboard and helps you get all your stuff to your cabana or villa on the island. They take your drink orders and bring all your beverages to you, including alcoholic ones which are included in the butler service price.

The butler then brings out lunch for all which for us has been a shrimp appetizer (it was kind of a shrimp cocktail/cerviche kind of dish this last time), gazpacho (which is so yummy), a Caribbean lobster sandwich, fruit salad, your choice of a lovely big grilled to order steak (mine this last time was a New York strip half the size of a catcher's mitt and cooked to perfection) or grilled Mahi Mahi and shrimp entree both with sides, and then cake for dessert..... way more food than we can eat as you also have a huge platter of fruit and veggies with dip plus salsa/guac and chips already included in your cabana or villa. Enough food to feed an army. But if you desire anything off the island buffet, the butler can grab that for you too. Everything is served in your private cabana or villa at your convenience though you do have to have all your lunch done in plenty of time for your butler to get your stuff all wrapped up and you back on the ship.

We have enjoyed this splurge on all our trips to HMC and have encouraged more than a few folks to enjoy it also. I think half our roll call had a cabana and butler this last cruise. We were all completely spoiled but man, it was such a nice little luxury to round out a spectacular cruise. My mom and mil who were with us this last cruise still talk about our perfect day on HMC. 

Sorry - when I saw "Butler", there was no mention of "off ship".

We won't be in that area, so it's moot for us.

And yes, we know how pleasant having a Butler can be, having had them on all but one of our other cruises.  And that one was without any room service, either, and we hardly missed it (although we did know in advance what to expect, which always helps).  

And we've had "butler service on the beach" while staying at some resorts during land trips.

We can thoroughly enjoy cruising/travel either way.

I just hadn't seen mention of "Butlers" while reading about HAL in preparation for our forthcoming cruise (our first with HAL), and wondered what I had "missed" online...

Thanks.

GC