Magic Carpet location and cabins - Edge

Treacher1

Are there certain cabins to avoid if you do not wish to have the Magic Carpet block your view?   Which decks - If I am correct the Magic Carpet is on Starboard side so any balcony cabin on Port Side should have a clear view.  Or are there also some obstructed views to avoid on Port Side.  I thank you kindly for any information you can provide.  

What type of stateroom are you looking for? If it is an Infinite Veranda, there some areas to avoid and the E1's can be quite a bit more than the E5's so maybe look at the price range and see which category you want, if an infinite veranda. If you have particular cabins in mind available for the cruise you are looking at, better recommendations could be made. Choosing a cabin on the Edge can be complicated. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

There are 28 S2 Suite class staterooms on decks 6 to 12. Four each deck, and they look out toward the Magic Carpet (MC), and when the MC is being moved it will pass in front of those staterooms but will not be stopped in front of any at any time. The MC will only 'park' on deck 5 or below, or deck 14. So, if you want a pretty good deal on a suite level stateroom this might be a very good option. And, you can wave at staff members as the MC it raised or lowered.

I hope this helps a bit with your selection.

27 minutes ago, K12Guy said:

There are 28 S2 Suite class staterooms on decks 6 to 12. Four each deck, and they look out toward the Magic Carpet (MC), and when the MC is being moved it will pass in front of those staterooms but will not be stopped in front of any at any time. The MC will only 'park' on deck 5 or below, or deck 14. So, if you want a pretty good deal on a suite level stateroom this might be a very good option. And, you can wave at staff members as the MC it raised or lowered.

I hope this helps a bit with your selection.

You likely meant that the  S3's that run inside the MC track (not S2's). Maybe I misunderstood, but I don't think he/she was talking about the S3 suites since he mentioned potentially booking a cabin on the port side to avoid the MC. I took it that he wanted to avoid having an obstructed view in a cabin near the MC since it juts out (and avoid port side obstructions as well). 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

@Treacher1  Just realized that you started the AquaClass thread too. If you are thinking of AquaClass, the only cabins likely affected by the Magic Carpet are 10190-10198. The other partially obstructed views would be 9241, 9242, 10189, 10215, 10224 because they are next to a bump out so you loose some of your view to one side (you may even want to skip the ones next door aft, which may have a slight obstruction). The other things a couple of people have reported is that the cabins on the corner of the bump outs are a bit odd (nothing major, but two people have noticed a difference). That would include 9239, 9240, 10213, 10222.

If you are a Captain's Club member and can upgrade a category for free, I would go with an A1 (at the A2 price) and get something closer to the elevator. If you want to look out at the ports, the starboard side would be better (and can see the Magic Carpet go up and down, though won't hinder your view unless it is one of 10190-10198). I would choose one on a bump out (except corner one), if available - maybe a bit better view. If I had to pay full price and didn't have the Captain's Club upgrade, I would go with an A2 nearest the elevator, that wasn't one of the obstructed ones mentioned above.

Not sure if you have seen the partially obstructed view list:

EDGE_Percent_Obstructed_View-2.pdf

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

You likely meant that the  S3's that run inside the MC track (not S2's)

Yes, you are correct. My mind set is not on the Edge class with S3, so I glanced at the color and pegged it as S2. I need to work on that mind set. Or just ignore the Edge class all together. 🙂

I read the original post again and I'm not sure what they are looking for. However, the S3 staterooms might be a good bargain if they want suite class instead of Aqua or whatever, as long as there aren't obstructions. Honestly, if there is a veranda attached to the stateroom I couldn't care less about partial obstructions as long as I can see the water at some point whilst sipping hot coffee or chilled wine.

Maybe Treacher1 will come back and clarify for us?

2 minutes ago, K12Guy said:

Yes, you are correct. My mind set is not on the Edge class with S3, so I glanced at the color and pegged it as S2. I need to work on that mind set. Or just ignore the Edge class all together. 🙂

I read the original post again and I'm not sure what they are looking for. However, the S3 staterooms might be a good bargain if they want suite class instead of Aqua or whatever, as long as there aren't obstructions. Honestly, if there is a veranda attached to the stateroom I couldn't care less about partial obstructions as long as I can see the water at some point whilst sipping hot coffee or chilled wine.

Maybe Treacher1 will come back and clarify for us?

Yes, there are some nice S3's - they all have nice views outward, but I would personally avoid deck 11 and 12 because of when the MC is on 14 and 6 for when it is on 5 as you outlined. I've been in one on 11 and one on 12 and would rather not have that overhang. They are great suites (and the suite life is amazing on the Edge, IMO) - I've seen some good deals for suite guarantees, so maybe will go for it sometime. 🙂

9 minutes ago, taylortime05 said:

We got an opportunity to upgrade from a E4 to S3 for 900 total on Dec 15 sailing.  I was so excited.  We are in cabin 9198.  I hope it's a nice view without too much obstruction.  It's our first time in a suite on Celebrity.

Smart move. You will love the Suite experience, if you've not yet done it. For us Luminae is the best part. Enjoy!

24 minutes ago, taylortime05 said:

We got an opportunity to upgrade from a E4 to S3 for 900 total on Dec 15 sailing.  I was so excited.  We are in cabin 9198.  I hope it's a nice view without too much obstruction.  It's our first time in a suite on Celebrity.

That should be great! I've seen one in the position and the balcony was very nice (a little obstructed to your left, but really not much at all). Great price.  Enjoy the Edge suite life!

15 minutes ago, K12Guy said:

Smart move. You will love the Suite experience, if you've not yet done it. For us Luminae is the best part. Enjoy!

We have done an S1 aft (11268) and an S1 port side a couple of times (10147) on the Edge and loved them both. My favorite suite venue was the Retreat Sundeck - it was paradise, IMO. 🙂

• 1 year later...
On 11/3/2019 at 1:43 PM, taylortime05 said:

How was 9198? We are booked in that sky suite for Greece in 2022. Views good? Magic carpet hanging over the room a problem? Thanks!

On 9/25/2021 at 7:16 PM, dugknight said:

How was 9198? We are booked in that sky suite for Greece in 2022. Views good? Magic carpet hanging over the room a problem? Thanks!

We loved it.  We only saw the magic carpet go by our a room a few times and it was fun to watch.  The view was not obstructed.  We have this same cabin booked on the Apex.  It saves us a few dollars for the suites. Hope you love it as well. 

On 9/27/2021 at 4:44 PM, taylortime05 said:

We loved it.  We only saw the magic carpet go by our a room a few times and it was fun to watch.  The view was not obstructed.  We have this same cabin booked on the Apex.  It saves us a few dollars for the suites. Hope you love it as well. 

Great, thank you for the information!

• Like 1