Boomhower's Livish Elation Trip 11/16/19-11/21/19

boomhower

1 hour ago, boomhower said:

Straws are on a request only basis it appears. Not sure about frozen drinks.  When they are asked for its a regular straw and not sugar. 

That's good to know, we're on the Breeze in two weeks and my wife and I were trying to decide on bringing metal straws.

We did this itinerary a month ago, we absolutely loved it.  My designated spot is somewhere near the red frog rum bar.  My favorite bartender was a lady from Jamaica, she made some of the best mojitos I've ever had.  It was my 2nd voyage on the elation, but the first one from PC.  When you make Grand Turk go check out Jack's Shack.  The jerk chicken and turks head beer was absolutely great.  The crowds were far less than the beach at the cruise terminal. 

14 minutes ago, garyh9900 said:

We did this itinerary a month ago, we absolutely loved it.  My designated spot is somewhere near the red frog rum bar.  My favorite bartender was a lady from Jamaica, she made some of the best mojitos I've ever had.  It was my 2nd voyage on the elation, but the first one from PC.  When you make Grand Turk go check out Jack's Shack.  The jerk chicken and turks head beer was absolutely great.  The crowds were far less than the beach at the cruise terminal. 

That is exactly my plan. Hang out a bit and try some snorkeling at the port beach.  Closer to lunch head to Jacks for snorkeling and lunch there.  That Jerk Chicken has been on my list for a while. Good to hear another positive review. 

I’m chilling in my favorite spot on the ship with my drink while my better half catches a nap.  This net is new since I was here last. 

image.jpg

Edited by boomhower

Once seated dinner was very smooth. We were out by 7 which was a touch over an hour, pretty fast from our past cruises so there is hope. I had the chilled Vietnamese rolls (wouldnt do again) and the calimari which was good as usual.  My wife had the Caesar salad she rated as mediocre and shrimp cocktail which was good.  Main for me was vegetarian lasagna which is my favorite thing in the MDR. Side was bacon Mac which was good and baked potato they never brought the dressing for. My wife had the braised beef brisket which she liked. Desert for me was chocalate melting cake and she skipped it.  Had a parched pig IPA.  I’m a craft beer fan and that is a damn good beer. While certainly not a top ten beer for a cruise line it’s a fine effort. Now if I could figure out why cruise critic keep flipping my pictures that would be nice. If I take them they are fine but from the library they are flipped. We share the internet so I can’t do all live. 

76EB7906-B2C2-4026-AD0A-39780F633411.jpeg

19105F83-C7FD-4D28-B408-B28DDD888FF4.jpeg

C513F2C3-B265-4045-83BE-2461F3A8D085.jpeg

D6F1BE01-AA16-4214-B583-A2165FC9114A.jpeg

ABA8AE7B-835E-4685-B7B5-5C9A6085012E.jpeg

DE00EA32-FDEB-4F03-A57B-E6A8DA934501.jpeg

13D85AAD-7D3D-4E42-9339-464E562B6A45.jpeg

• Like 2

We just got off the elation today. Most things were great! The singers in the shows were not good...very off key on every song in the Divas show but one song. We didn’t go back for any other Playlist productions. I was okay with that because I’ve seen them all before. If they have the same comedians, check out the comedy show labeled Booger Baby. That guy was hilarious. The other guy was meh. The ship was very rocky two of the nights. I felt like I was going to be catapulted out of bed Thursday night. 

3 minutes ago, Stacie. said:

We just got off the elation today. Most things were great! The singers in the shows were not good...very off key on every song in the Divas show but one song. We didn’t go back for any other Playlist productions. I was okay with that because I’ve seen them all before. If they have the same comedians, check out the comedy show labeled Booger Baby. That guy was hilarious. The other guy was meh. The ship was very rocky two of the nights. I felt like I was going to be catapulted out of bed Thursday night. 

They really need to change up the shows. We’ve only been cruising a couple years and have seen about all of them. Quality varies on the two main singers. I’m not a big fan in general but my wife really likes them. The piano bar, comedy club and drama bar singers are my jam.  Good band called Nashville Now with the Wildcards are rocking it. 

• Like 1

Yes, the wildcards were great! The electric violinists were also great. The playlist production show was almost physically painful. They were really great on my previous cruises so I was a little disappointed. We headed to the serenity hot tubs instead during those other shows and met some fun people.