Non-Dairy Cheese

algorithmannie

We will be sailing with my nephew who has special needs and doesn’t eat dairy. Little guy is 4 years old, so I’m wondering if OVC or any other venue has non-dairy cheese. He would LOVE to get pizza or have cheese on a burger, though of course he’ll be totally fine without. We’ve seen tons of diary free meal options or vegan options, but just wondering if anyone has seen “fake cheese” anywhere. Thanks!

Nahh, unless it has happened in the last few  months....

Vegan here.

When I order pizza aboard (or anywhere for that matters) just order it without cheese, just lots of baked or grilled veggies.

I will bring some nutritional yeast with me to add for that 'cheesy like' flavour.

bon appetite and bon voyage

3 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Wondering if you can bring some on ship with you and ask them in the Oceanview Cafe if they will top a couple of pizza slices with it for the little guy??

Long shot that staff would add it, the passenger will need to do it themselves after picking up the food....

Liability...

bon appetite and bon voyage

Just keep in mind that if you bring some of your own onboard, you will need to be careful how it is stored.  The 'refrigerators' in the cabin keep things cool, but they are usually not as cold as a regular refrigerator.  You can ask your room steward to bring you ice in the ice bucket and store them in there, or bring a container onboard that you can fill with ice.

I am lactose intolerant so am careful about not eating much dairy.  Have not had a lot of luck finding things like non-dairy yogurt or cheese.  Almond and soy milk are available.  

• Thanks 1