Online check in individually?

frogerina

Okay...first time cruiser here.  Searched here and at carnival's site couldn't find this stated clearly...will be at 90 days and able to do online check in this weekend.  My friend made the reservation for our group of 3.  Can I check myself in (I'll be traveling across country to get to them and the port, so know they will want my travel details, etc) or is it room level? Are there details (like passport #) that we each need to enter?  

You should do your on line check in as early as possible as that's when you choose your check in time. You don't have to all do it together, but if you choose 11:30-12:00 and your others can't get that time, you won't be able to board together, so all should do it early. 

However, if you're all in the same cabin, you have the option of doing it for everyone in your cabin.

When you start your on line check in, you can save info and go back later to complete. The on line check in is where you enter your passport information or birth certificate information. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, serene56 said:

^  this.   Pick the earlies time available  before you do your online documents.   You each can do your own.   It saves after each page

You you get your time before you have to put in the info?  That would be great, so my whole group can get it together.

3 hours ago, rukkian said:

You you get your time before you have to put in the info?  That would be great, so my whole group can get it together.

I am in the middle of a check in for a single room, two people; I picked the time and entered my info and I'm waiting for my buddy to enter his info.  I think there is one check-in time per stateroom--meaning, I don't think my buddy can pick a separate time from mine.  I do not know how it works with linked staterooms.    

8 hours ago, frogerina said:

Okay...first time cruiser here.  Searched here and at carnival's site couldn't find this stated clearly...will be at 90 days and able to do online check in this weekend.  My friend made the reservation for our group of 3.  Can I check myself in (I'll be traveling across country to get to them and the port, so know they will want my travel details, etc) or is it room level? Are there details (like passport #) that we each need to enter?  

Each of you can enter in your own pertinent info., but everyone needs a Carnival.com account in order to do it individually (or login to someone else's account). Once an account is created, click on "Booking & Order Details, then the plus sign that says "Manage another booking." Enter the booking number and the last name of the person who originally booked the cruise.

I take it all three of you are staying in the same cabin? If so, you'll only need to choose one arrival time. The person who does online check-in first can do it for the whole cabin to get an earlier time, if y'all want it. Online check-in can be completed over time, it doesn't have to be done all at once. So each person can enter their own info. when you get around to it. You'll enter your personal info. (name, address, emergency contact, etc.) and you'll have to choose whether you're going to use your passport (it'll ask for your passport #) or your birth certificate (plus driver's license). You'll also have to set up individual onboard expense accounts. You'll either link a credit card or choose a cash account. You can always go back and change something later.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rukkian said:

If everyone's in the same cabin, just have the person who does online check-in first pick an arrival appointment. The earlier you do it, the more choices there will be. Then each person can enter their personal info. at their leisure. Online check-in opens at midnight eastern time. To find out the exact date online check-in is available for your cruise, login to your cruise manager, go to the Planner tab, and under the "To-Do List" section, it'll show you when online check-in is available.

27 minutes ago, aaronm120 said:

When online check in opens up my wife's passport might still be in process for a renewal. Will I still be able to check in with mine and get a check in time?

When you get to the travel documents section, you can just put your wife down as using a birth certificate. That won't require any additional info. Then when she gets it, change it to her passport later. You can go back and change any of it at a later time.

Yes, you will be able to check in with yours and get a check in time.  And your wife doesn't need to put in any information.  I am in the middle of a similar process myself--I've checked in and my buddy hasn't.  I chose our appointment time when I check in, and that's how it's listed.