MDR food

mjmiller

I've tried searching and haven't found a specific thread for this yet...

What are the best, or your favorite, items in the MDR on MSC?  I know food is subjective, but if a lot of people like something, or dislike something... That usually means something.  

Thanks

They like making balls out of food. All the appetizers which were in the form of them were good. They had a Greek variation of meatballs (kefeta?) and those were tasty. The spring rolls are also good!

For the main course, the beef dishes during formal night were great! The Osso Bucco was also great! The strip steaks on the always available menu I would steer clear of, they were like Grade D meat with more fat than actual steak. Steer clear of the Chicken Cordon Bleu... it was out of a Sysco box and tasted like cardboard. Best advice is to ask your waiter what is good. Our waiter on Mera (Lino) was pretty spot on with his recommendations.

15 hours ago, 4104ever said:

The Osso buco is fantastic.  Some of the best I’ve ever had.  I also have liked all of the lamb dishes as they are prepared very well.  Pizza!  Best at sea IMO. (Although pizza is not in MDR)

This was fantastic also very rich!

95C62C58-7E86-4204-A4D3-1F74B0FED63B.jpeg

15 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I have never tried it, did not know what it was, now I will have to try it next week after seeing that picture!!!

There is a bone in the middle with the marrow in I pushed it out and stirred through the dish. It is on the Italian night menu. 

• Like 1

Just off the Meraviglia 4 night. MDR food was good- though if it lacked anything, it was seasoning. The only thing I didn't care for was the Gnocchi in cream sauce with walnuts. The Lasagna on Italian Night was great. Different, very meaty. Wish they would put that on the Everyday 'Classics' menu. One of my tablemates got the Osso Buco on Italian Night- said it was the best he has ever had.