Cash account using OBC

Vinlin06

2 hours ago, Vinlin06 said:

We are cruising on the Freedom in Feb.  We always use cash for our on board account.  This cruise we have $500 on board credit.  Will we still need to put down cash towards our account?  Thanks in advance☺

That is a very easy question to ask, and an extremely difficult question to answer. Many question have to, in turn, need to be asked:

How long is the cruise? On our 5 day Dream cruise, the wife and I budgeted for $125-150/day for on board expenses for the both of us. And we wound up keeping it slightly under budget.

How much do you plan on drinking? Keep in mind that each drink containing alcohol cost around $10.95.

Do you plan on buying anything from the Fun Shops? You have to budget for that. 

We tried to keep our expenses in check, meaning no specialty dining(steakhouse, etc)

Hope that helps.

Edited by Joe817

Thanks for the responses.  We will take cash with us, not planning on only having/ using the OBC.  I just did not know if we would have to add it before we got on ship.  This will be our 9th cruise, so we are pretty familiar with what we usually spend on board.  

11 hours ago, Vinlin06 said:

Thanks for the responses.  We will take cash with us, not planning on only having/ using the OBC.  I just did not know if we would have to add it before we got on ship.  This will be our 9th cruise, so we are pretty familiar with what we usually spend on board.  

As bury me at sea said, you may get waved to the area of checkin to fund your cash account but you don't need to... if I have gift cards to add I will sometimes do that before we board, but if you've got OBC on your cash account, you don't need to do anything else before you board.