HAL Thanksgiving promotion

DaveOKC

1 minute ago, MisterBill99 said:

There is a big difference between being called a liar and being told that you are incorrect. And in your case,  you may have been given incorrect information and were only passing it along.

Customer service people often make things up to try to justify why something is occurring. Yesterday at CVS a $2 electronic coupon was not working and the manager told me it was because the item was only $1.99 and that was why it did not apply. I did not point out that the same coupon had tried to attach to a different $1.99 item a couple of days earlier (but I used a different coupon on it).

I was actually correct.  I did not make this up.  I explained what I was told by my PCC and what happened to ME.  MY situation was fixed with a call to the Mariner desk.  Other's may have not had the same situation as I did, but in MY case, MY problem was solved.  Others may benefit by knowing what happened.

21 minutes ago, Taters said:

This is what was explained to me when I was not getting any more email promotions.  Perhaps you were already opted in somehow.  I do not appreciate being called a liar.

Sorry, but I was not calling you a liar.  I was pointing out that what you were told is not ALWAYS true, at least not according to my recent experience.  People need to be aware that what HAL tells you is not always true - there is no way for any rep to know everything that is happending at and by the company.  

Again, I am sorry if I offended you, my comment was not intended to.

Edited by DaveOKC
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

It's snowing here in NY as well. My wife asked why we weren't on a cruise.

Well, weather here in Portland Oregon isn't the best either.  No snow where we are but really windy and cold. Had some rain with sleet earlier. More could be coming.  But at least we don't have to go far.  Safe travels to those of you trying to get home. 

On a cruising note, we were able to take advantage of Black Friday offer and get free gratuities added to our Sept. Nieuw Amsterdam cruise.  Kept most of our OBC.  More than  what we lost would have gone to gratuities anyway.  Also got the signature beverage package.  So we are very happy.  Plus a price drop of over $700 pp.  So a win-win for us.  

We get private sales quite often addressed to both of us.  Haven't seen anything lately that we can take advantage of but am glad we get them!!   I think HAL is hit and miss on who and when people get mailing.  Go figure!!