HAL Thanksgiving promotion

DaveOKC

Is there some sort of announcemen t you can link for us?    

Was the fist you heard of it from your  HAL  reP?     (a PCC  ?)

It's  too late for m e to

call    my PCC   ...

Thanks  for the heads up

image.png.86f652515123fb5d5920eb84a1f24664.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

image.png

5 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Just talked to my HAL rep.  Thanksgiving promotion starts Wed , Nov 27.  Free grats for suites.  Not sure about prices yet.

Should be free gratuities for verandas as well since a couple of large online TA's are already offering that. Also $25 deposits. Someone mentioned both of those in a thread I had created:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2712438-thanksgiving-sale-some-agents-maybe-hal-themselves-offering-free-gratuities-for-verandahs-and-suites/

Also, the Private Fare on the cruise I was watching dropped by $100 on Sunday and was combinable with the free grats. Plus getting $400 OBC from my TA on a $2598 fare (total for both of us, plus fees).

I have a reservation on hold until tomorrow. Didn't want to pay just in case the HAL deal sweetens what I already have held.

Oh, and if you have an AMEX card, their "spend $500 get $100 back" offer is back. Details in this thread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2710652-amex-spend-500-get-100-is-back/

Of course if you have that and want to take advantage of it, the $25 deposit won't be useful.

Edited by MisterBill99

4 hours ago, sail7seas said:

Is there some sort of announcemen t you can link for us?    

Was the fist you heard of it from your  HAL  reP?     (a PCC  ?)

It's  too late for m e to

call    my PCC   ...

Thanks  for the heads up

image.png.86f652515123fb5d5920eb84a1f24664.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

image.png

This is the announcement I got:

FB862C1F-140F-4700-BA45-B6D530CF94D1.jpeg

Edited by *Miss G*
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

Should be free gratuities for verandas as well since a couple of large online TA's are already offering that. Also $25 deposits.

One of those large online TA’s have since dropped that offer.

18 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

One of those large online TA’s have since dropped that offer.

Interesting. The nine letter agency whose name starts with C is showing free gratuities and $25 deposits on the main HAL page  but not showing it on a January cruise I pulled up. In any event, I'm sure it will be back tomorrow. Plus when I emailed my agent about it on Sunday she confirmed that it worked with my Private Fare, so they definitely had it.

The really big six letter C agency (not the warehouse club) still shows free gratuities if you go to their Thanksgiving Sale preview page (not available to the public yet), and if you go thru the mock booking process it also has $25 deposits.

Also I'm not sure why you are questioning it at all given that the email you posted confirmed what I said, that verandas also get free gratuities and that there are $25 deposits.

Edited by MisterBill99

2 minutes ago, leerathje said:

My TA said that she will find out tomorrow if there is any drop in prices, but confirmed that free gratuities on verandahs and suites will be in force.

I figure I'll check the HAL site at midnight, assuming it runs on EST and not PST.

8 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

Also I'm not sure why you are questioning it at all given that the email you posted confirmed what I said, that verandas got free gratuities and that there were $25 deposits.

Not questioning it.  Just passing along what I saw.  Also wanted to note that the agency I was referring to is not one of the ones you mentioned.

Edited by *Miss G*

1 hour ago, MisterBill99 said:

Should be free gratuities for verandas as well since a couple of large online TA's are already offering that. Also $25 deposits. Someone mentioned both of those in a thread I had created:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2712438-thanksgiving-sale-some-agents-maybe-hal-themselves-offering-free-gratuities-for-verandahs-and-suites/

Also, the Private Fare on the cruise I was watching dropped by $100 on Sunday and was combinable with the free grats. Plus getting $400 OBC from my TA on a $2598 fare (total for both of us, plus fees).

I have a reservation on hold until tomorrow. Didn't want to pay just in case the HAL deal sweetens what I already have held.

Oh, and if you have an AMEX card, their "spend $500 get $100 back" offer is back. Details in this thread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2710652-amex-spend-500-get-100-is-back/

Of course if you have that and want to take advantage of it, the $25 deposit won't be useful.

How do you find a private fare?

25 minutes ago, lvz2cruz said:

How do you find a private fare?

You login with your HAL account and when you look at cruises, it will show if you have one (and say "Private Fare") . It will often show that and a different (higher) fare which may have different terms. See below for an examples.

I typically get email and snail mail with offers.  Your TA should also see them when they plug in your Mariner number. They're not on all sailings. If you want to check if you can see them, the Koningsdam 1/2/20 sailing has them.

I had a problem where I'd get a mailing but when I logged into the website I did not see the discounted price. Then I tried creating a login for my wife and noticed that she DID see the pricing. So I complained to HAL. They "fixed" things so now I see then on my login, But my wife's account doesn't :(.

Private Fare 2.JPG

Edited by MisterBill99
added screen shot

8 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

You login with your HAL account and see if you have one when you look at cruises. It will often show that and a different (higher) fare which may have different terms.

I typically get email and snail mail with offers.  Your TA should also see them when they plug in your Mariner number. They're not on all sailings. If you want to check if you can see them, the Koningsdam 1/2/20 sailing has them.

I had a problem where I'd get a mailing but when I logged into the website I did not see the discounted price. Then I tried creating a login for my wife and noticed that she DID see the pricing. So I complained to HAL. They "fixed" things so now I see then on my login, But my wife's account doesn't :(.

Thank you.   I usually don't log in when i'm browsing because then the pcc always contacts me.  I did this time and the cruise I'm interested in dropped $50 per person and it says private fare.   I never knew about these.  Thanks.  

10 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

You login with your HAL account and when you look at cruises, it will show if you have one (and say "Private Fare") . It will often show that and a different (higher) fare which may have different terms.

Private Fare 2.JPG

Guess not me!  This is what I see...

booking.JPG

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

They "fixed" things so now I see then on my login, But my wife's account doesn't :(.

My husband and I get different private fare offers, which comes in handy.  I have the same offer for that sailing but my husband doesn’t.