HAL Thanksgiving promotion

DaveOKC

25 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

I see their I/T department is as bad as Celebrity's!

Amusingly I did get email from HAL about the sale an hour ago. I don't see any price change for my cruise.

I got the same email this morning at 7:12 am CST. 

48 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

I don't think that going thru that page makes any difference, does it?

I think it does, if you want free gratuities and the $50 deposit.  What I saw on the regular portal was a different offer -- a reduced price with a nonrefundable deposit, and no mention of gratuities.  (The reduced price was also a new offer.)

Hard to keep up!  (But I'm sure a PCC could discuss all available offers.)

Anyhow, Dave OKC's link got me just what I wanted, and I thank him for that.

5 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

I think it does, if you want free gratuities and the $50 deposit.  What I saw on the regular portal was a different offer -- a reduced price with a nonrefundable deposit, and no mention of gratuities.  (The reduced price was also a new offer.)

Hard to keep up!  (But I'm sure a PCC could discuss all available offers.)

Anyhow, Dave OKC's link got me just what I wanted, and I thank him for that.

I just tried it for the cruise I booked and it came up the same as before. Where did you see the free gratuities mentioned other than the initial page?

I just finalized my booking that I started yesterday and put on hold.  I was able to add free grats and $25 deposit (which I did not want since I had a Future Cruise Deposit).  Same price as yesterday.  Still, the free grats helped.

58 minutes ago, highland cruiser said:

How do I get to where it shows free gratuities?  The cruise I am looking at still is the summer exploration event with free drinks.  Maybe it isn't eligible for the black Friday promotion.

Thank, Dave for the heads up.

Thanks to all of you for sharing the information.

I spoke  with my PCC  will start looking at cruises that might interest me.

image.png.86a81274df6b8ae34d1628ee436401ba.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MisterBill99 said:

I just tried it for the cruise I booked and it came up the same as before. Where did you see the free gratuities mentioned other than the initial page?

Only there at the ad page offering the promotion.  You can probably accomplish the same thing through the main website.  But to be certain, I went through the Black Friday portal and the gratuities showed up on my confirmation.  

Probably by the end of the day the website will be sorted out better and the gratuities will be more apparent.  

Sometimes I like to just put a hold so I can view my confirmation and be sure everything is as it should be. In the past, I've had extra goodies show up there that I didn't even know were on offer.  🤷‍♀️

9 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Sometimes I like to just put a hold so I can view my confirmation and be sure everything is as it should be. In the past, I've had extra goodies show up there that I didn't even know were on offer.  🤷‍♀️

What do you mean by confirmation? The file they send you after you put a hold on the cruise or what you see online? I do not see the free gratuities in the online info.

I'm not concerned in my case since it's on the confirmation my TA sent (the agency's, not HAL's) so just curious. The TA I used for this sailing doesn't usually send the HAL confirmation with pricing.

Edited by MisterBill99

Sale/promo not on the itinerary I was looking at -- August 2021. Not fix(at)ed on cabin, so will wait and see if maybe Early Booking Bonus is offered after Cyber Weekend. It's about the time-difference I got the EBB on Jan2021 last July.

Looks like EBB started in April last year. 

Edited by crystalspin

4 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Sale/promo not on the itinerary I was looking at -- August 2021.

Taking that back, I did a dummy booking and went as far as it showing me the deposit and it was indeed $50 for 2 people.

It would not, however, let me choose a cabin myself although it did show me what was available. So a call to my PCC is in order!

The other funny thing was, it said the final/complete payment was May 14 -- but no YEAR! My Princess booking for the similar itinerary 2020, is due on May 19 2020. How unreasonable would it be for HAL to require payment for 2021 in May 2020??? Again, need to talk to PCC and do not even know if they have Friday off...

Edited by crystalspin

23 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Taking that back, I did a dummy booking and went as far as it showing me the deposit and it was indeed $50 for 2 people.

Glad to hear it. I wasn't going to question you but the terms say that it only does not apply to World Cruises. 

Right I was having trouble applying World Cruise to a twice repeated Boston roundtrip. But any inconsistency wouldn't have surprised me.

But SURPRISE, the promo is not announced on the booking pages so anyone else looking for it, plow on through to the final adding up and see if there is not $25pp for the deposit.

On 11/26/2019 at 6:50 PM, MisterBill99 said:

You login with your HAL account and when you look at cruises, it will show if you have one (and say "Private Fare") . It will often show that and a different (higher) fare which may have different terms. See below for an examples.

I typically get email and snail mail with offers.  Your TA should also see them when they plug in your Mariner number. They're not on all sailings. If you want to check if you can see them, the Koningsdam 1/2/20 sailing has them.

I had a problem where I'd get a mailing but when I logged into the website I did not see the discounted price. Then I tried creating a login for my wife and noticed that she DID see the pricing. So I complained to HAL. They "fixed" things so now I see then on my login, But my wife's account doesn't :(.

Private Fare 2.JPG

I do not get the "Private Fare" option when I log in and tried your Koningsdam 1/2/20 cruise suggestion. So I tried with my husband's log in. That also does not work, so I guess neither of us is eligible for the Private Fare option....is this related in some way to your loyalty status?  🤔

1 hour ago, PSR said:

I do not get the "Private Fare" option when I log in and tried your Koningsdam 1/2/20 cruise suggestion. So I tried with my husband's log in. That also does not work, so I guess neither of us is eligible for the Private Fare option....is this related in some way to your loyalty status?  🤔

I'm only 2*, so I'm not sure but it's certainly not due to some high level status. I tried to find an email with a discount code that you could try plugging in, but did not find one with that cruise listed. I think the general consensus here has been that there is no way of figuring ut who gets Private Fares and there is nothing one can do to get it if you have not been assigned it. Maybe someone more familiar with HAL can expound.

Edited by MisterBill99