The Revolution

NMTraveller

For the ships that have gone through the Revolution what are the differences?  Is the Revolution a plus or minus?  Are all of the old but good places on the S class still on the ship such as the Sky Lounge?

I am looking at booking the Solstice and it will be revolutionized when I sail.  

25 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

For the ships that have gone through the Revolution what are the differences?  Is the Revolution a plus or minus?  Are all of the old but good places on the S class still on the ship such as the Sky Lounge?

The Sky Lounges for M&S class ships are still there. Overall we liked the changes, updates to the Summit. We were surprised Cellar Masters didn't get updated. 

8 minutes ago, davekathy said:

The Sky Lounges for M&S class ships are still there. Overall we liked the changes, updates to the Summit. We were surprised Cellar Masters didn't get updated. 

Thanks!  That is what we are looking for.  We will go ahead and book.

We loved the Solstice before.

Edited by NMTraveller

On S class ships, plans were to downsize the Sky Lounge and add 3 or 4 new suites as on Reflection. That didn't happen on Equinox as they ran out of time and didn't finish the "revolution" . Silhoutte will be revolutionized in January. Then we will see if X goes on with the original plans or, due to a lot of outcry from faithful cruisers, they decide to forgo  those plans. 

1 minute ago, 39august said:

On S class ships, plans were to downsize the Sky Lounge and add 3 or 4 new suites as on Reflection. That didn't happen on Equinox as they ran out of time and didn't finish the "revolution" . Silhoutte will be revolutionized in January. Then we will see if X goes on with the original plans or, due to a lot of outcry from faithful cruisers, they decide to forgo  those plans. 

I hope that they don't downsize the Sky Lounge.  That would not be a deal breaker though.  Getting rid of the Sky Lounge as on the Edge and Apex would be a deal breaker though.

From everything I have read, it does not look as if the Silhouette will have the extra suites added. Shortly after the "Revolution" was announced they had the Signature and Reflection suites for sale but they have now disappeared from the booking area of the web site. There was an article in the Discover Magazine a few months ago that implied that there were no changes to the Sky lounge area. 

This is the UK link  https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/discover-magazine/news-events/celebrity-silhouette-revolution/

It may take you to the US web site is you are based there.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

From everything I have read, it does not look as if the Silhouette will have the extra suites added. Shortly after the "Revolution" was announced they had the Signature and Reflection suites for sale but they have now disappeared from the booking area of the web site. There was an article in the Discover Magazine a few months ago that implied that there were no changes to the Sky lounge area. 

This is the UK link  https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/discover-magazine/news-events/celebrity-silhouette-revolution/

It may take you to the US web site is you are based there.

Thank you.  The new pictures do look very nice.

6 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

The footstools have been removed and the big cocktail-style table on the veranda has  been replaced by a much smaller one.  As mentioned, there may be a possibility that the Sky Lounge will be reduced in size similar to what you have on Reflection.  The sundeck up top on the S-class ships  is off limit to non suite guests, at least on the Equinox.