Carnival Inspiration on Thanksgiving Week -- A Big THANK YOU

RaiderDuck

Thursday evening, whilst waiting in a huge line for the Thanksgiving dinner in Mardi Gras, I became sick from food poisoning and collapsed on the way back to the cabin. A couple of people in line next to my wife noticed (through the promenade decks) me being wheelchaired down to Medical and accompanied her down there (I was the guy in the loud orange Curacao shirt sitting, barely coherent, and bazooka-barfing in an Empress hallway). I have no idea what their names are (although one was the husband/father in a family of frequent cruisers that had just moved to the west coast). If any of them are reading this, I just wanted to thank them for alerting my wife and walking her down to Medical. As it turned out, my food poisoning* was much better the next morning and I was able to safely exit the ship along with the other FTTFers.

*The nurse who treated me in Medical was quick to blame the Ensenada cuisine of the previous day, but I'm convinced it was the 12-Hour French Toast I'd eaten in Mardi Gras that morning. No way to be certain, of course.

My family just had the 12 hour French toast on our Thanksgiving cruise  with no problems.  I have never been sick from Carnival’s food in all my years of cruising. Have you ever done a behind the scenes tour and walked through a ship kitchen? Spotlessly clean even during busy hours.   I don’t know how they do it.  Highly doubt you became sick from the ship’s kitchen. Glad you are feeling better.

Glad to hear you felt better the next morning.  Whether it was from Ensenada food, french toast, etc. - there is so much illness going around now, you could have picked up a bug from anywhere/anyone.  Some take hours to hit, some take days.  Whatever it was, you seemed to get over it quickly, which was good.  

Thank you to everyone for the well wishes! The French Toast seemed awfully mushy in the middle, but that may or may not mean it wasn't fully cooked. Complicating the matter is the fact that my wife and I had all of the same food and drinks in Ensenada, and she had no ill effects. She did not, however, have the French Toast (except for a small edge piece that I cut off for her to sample).

I agree that the Carnival Inspiration's kitchens are spotless. I've toured them twice, once on a Behind the Fun tour a couple of years ago and again on this cruise for The Chef's Table. In any case, there's no way to know for certain what caused my sudden evening-long conversation on the Great White Porcelain Telephone.